Hang up a modem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang up a modem

Has anyone ever come across a Lua script to hang up (ie. disconnect) a modem?

I noticed that Internet Download Manager has an embedded option which allows the user to hang up one's modem, once it's finished downloading a file. Eg:

I'd like to insert such a function in my own app, but aren't sure where to start.
    Can anyone nudge me in the right direction here?

Who still uses a modem today??? You may want to check Google for Hayes AT codes.

Ulrich

Comment

Perhaps I should have been more specific. The intention is to pass a command which gives an option to "Disable Network Connections". Yes, the AT commands were the first thing I saw when searching - but couldn't see any clue on how to implement in Lua. This is what I was hoping for a 'nudge' with.

PS. Isn't a USB dongle a 'modem'? (More popular than ever!)

Comment

That image in the downlader I think is meaning the default modem tool what was built in to windows, so I think that maxed out at 100kb the modem+ speeds back in the day, but USB modems these days are mobile phones or cell phones depending where you are and have there own software that comes with them, you would have to check there software and see if they have hooks for it as disconnecting it from the PC but leaving it powered might still leave a open active connection on the modem.
        Plugins or Sources MokoX
        BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

IDM will successfully 'disconnect' any type of recent USB modem (ie Huawei MF823, Huawei e3372, Huawei e3276, etc...) when that option (as seen in above image) is ticked - without leaving an active connection. And it does so by disconnecting from the 'Network Connections' level. So it's not hooking into the dongle's software per se - but sending the command directly to the Windows OS. I'm assuming then, there's a generic 'disconnect' command that's commonly used in C++ (I think that's what IDM is built with) from which a Lua workaround probably can be created? I can't imagine it'd be all that complicated - I just have no idea where to actually start. Kinda frustrating.

Comment

You would have to access the windows lib and it could be lttle complicated for LUA only scripters who cant access it, maybe looking at the Memory Plugin and see if you can do it that way but I not big on that so can't help from this point lol.
            Plugins or Sources MokoX
            BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Interesting that this IDM option can successfully disconnect both HiLink and standard versions. I'd be really interested in getting a look at IDM's source code to see how they do it. Guess it will remain a mystery for the time being.

Comment

Working...
              X