Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using sprite images

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Using sprite images

    Does anymore know of a usable way to use sprite sheets in ams, for movements but also tilesets, I know this is more for the vets here but also interested in anymore else's ideas also, I am sure I could do it with the draw plugin but I am hopeless with it, I so bad at using it lol
    Plugins or Sources MokoX
    BunnyHop 2021 Here

  • #2
    Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
    Does anymore know of a usable way to use sprite sheets in ams, for movements but also tilesets, I know this is more for the vets here but also interested in anymore else's ideas also, I am sure I could do it with the draw plugin but I am hopeless with it, I so bad at using it lol
    can you share the sprite images you're wanting to use? I can then see if I can whip up an example. If I remember correctly, there's a sprite example in Draw
    Bas Groothedde
    Imagine Programming :: Blog

    AMS8 Plugins
    IMXLH Compiler

    Comment


    • #3
      I hope your having a good xmas Bas I will get you the sprite sheet in a day or so after this xmas day There was a example of spite and draw but never work out how to get it to work with movement, it moved like a giff where I needed it to move on key press movelent of the sprite,

      Plugins or Sources MokoX
      BunnyHop 2021 Here

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll see what I can do buddy, merry Christmas!
        Bas Groothedde
        Imagine Programming :: Blog

        AMS8 Plugins
        IMXLH Compiler

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey bud, here's a small example on using sprites with Draw. Not many comments, I whipped it up in an hour. This is very basic, but should help you on the way.

          Points of interest:
          • Global Functions
          • On Show
          • On Timer
          Attached Files
          Bas Groothedde
          Imagine Programming :: Blog

          AMS8 Plugins
          IMXLH Compiler

          Comment


          • #6
            I have been problems downloading this until to day, my laptops wouldn't let me it always gave me a white screen not sure why, I give this a look over in the morning thanks for your time and input IP
            Plugins or Sources MokoX
            BunnyHop 2021 Here

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
              I have been problems downloading this until to day, my laptops wouldn't let me it always gave me a white screen not sure why, I give this a look over in the morning thanks for your time and input IP
              That's weird man, did you get the latest version of Draw?
              Bas Groothedde
              Imagine Programming :: Blog

              AMS8 Plugins
              IMXLH Compiler

              Comment


              • #8
                The problem was with IR, and yes I have the new version of Draw, I still have my versions, still bugging out at times but I also grab a copy of the free version, not installed it yet, I saw the demo it's epic I don' understand it at the moment, also it's replying on the timer so I have to use the globle time plugin or something like that, but I need to learn the code before I guess things lol
                Plugins or Sources MokoX
                BunnyHop 2021 Here

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
                  The problem was with IR, and yes I have the new version of Draw, I still have my versions, still bugging out at times but I also grab a copy of the free version, not installed it yet, I saw the demo it's epic I don' understand it at the moment, also it's replying on the timer so I have to use the globle time plugin or something like that, but I need to learn the code before I guess things lol
                  I suggest you use the free version of Draw from now on, it doesn't have the trial window bug that occasionally occurs during development. It is indeed relying on a timer, however why would you require the global time plugin for that and not simply use AMS' internal timer?
                  Bas Groothedde
                  Imagine Programming :: Blog

                  AMS8 Plugins
                  IMXLH Compiler

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My RPG Game will be using many timers for NPC's and game actions so I going to have to have better controller over the timers lol AMS one always gets clogged up pretty fast
                    Plugins or Sources MokoX
                    BunnyHop 2021 Here

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
                      My RPG Game will be using many timers for NPC's and game actions so I going to have to have better controller over the timers lol AMS one always gets clogged up pretty fast
                      Ah okay, I understand. Well this example should work with the global timer as well
                      Bas Groothedde
                      Imagine Programming :: Blog

                      AMS8 Plugins
                      IMXLH Compiler

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X