Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to set Authorization Header with HTTP.Submit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set Authorization Header with HTTP.Submit?

I’m trying to use the Google Calendar API with AMS. I am able to successfully login and get my authentication token using ClientLogin with HTTP.SubmitSecure. Once I have my authentication token, it says :

Since all requests to private feeds require authentication, you have to set the Authorization header in the request, using the following format:

Authorization: GoogleLogin auth=yourAuthToken

Where yourAuthToken is the Auth string returned by the login request.
    I don’t know how to set the Authorization header to that. I have tried several mutations of my code and none of them work. Below is just one example that I have tried.

By the way, in case it isn’t obvious, in my code the variable that holds yourAuthToken is strAuthCode

Code:
    myauth = {["Authorization: GoogleLogin auth"]=strAuthCode}
    myvalues = {accountType="GOOGLE", service="cl", v="2", Email="[email protected]", source="jimCo-testApp"};
    strAllCals = HTTP.Submit("http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/default/allcalendars/full", myvalues, SUBMITWEB_POST, 20, 443, myauth, nil);
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Since all requests to private feeds require authentication, you have to set the Authorization header in the request, using the following format:

Authorization: GoogleLogin auth=yourAuthToken

Where yourAuthToken is the Auth string returned by the login request.
    it means that you must setup a custom HTTP header with your request which is not possible with current HTTP.* actions of AMS

but this is possible with LuaCom plugin using SetRequestHeader(); method of WinHttpRequest COM interface

Code:
    local strAuthToken = "123456789abcdefghijklm"
    local strAuthHeader = string.format("GoogleLogin auth=%s",strAuthToken);
    local strUrlArguments = "?accountType=%s&service=%s&v=%s&Email=%s&source=%s"
    local strValues = string.format(strUrlArguments,"GOOGLE","cl","2","[email protected]","jimCo-testApp");
    local targetURL = "http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/default/allcalendars/full"

local GoogleCal = luacom.CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1");

if (GoogleCal ~= nil) then 

GoogleCal:Open("GET", targetURL..strValues, 0) 
        GoogleCal:SetRequestHeader("Authorization", strAuthHeader );
        GoogleCal:Send(); 

if (GoogleCal.Status == 200) then

local result = GoogleCal.ResponseText
            Dialog.Message("Google's Response", result); 

else

Dialog.Message("Error", "Failed To Complete Http Request");

end

GoogleCal = nil;
     collectgarbage();

end
    you can view more info about WinHttpRequest here
    This is ASP script i used to test the code obove
    Code:
    <%
    response.write "Raw HTTP Headers :"&vbCrlf&vbCrlf
    response.write request.servervariables("ALL_HTTP")&vbCrlf
    response.write "Arguments In Url  :"&vbCrlf&vbCrlf
    for each x in request.querystring()
    response.write x&" : "&request.querystring(x)&vbCrlf
    next
    response.write vbCrlf&vbCrlf
    response.write "This Is The Header That Google Expects :"&vbCrlf&vbCrlf
    response.write request.servervariables("HTTP_AUTHORIZATION")
    %>
    This is local HTTP header test result of the code above
    Attached Files
    amsplugins.com Is Closed.

Facebook Page

Comment

Alternate Method

Hey, i have setup a php script on my server that you can perform a http submit to for ease of use and no external libarys or plugins are needed.

Parameters: Email, Passwd, service, source
      The params are the same as google and no header is needed, the return is a auth token for use in the application.

I hope this helps with your problem

Nathaniel Blackburn
      LunaStudios Software Inc.
      Last edited by infinityscape; 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by infinityscape View Post
        Hey, i have setup a php script on my server that you can perform a http submit to for ease of use and no external libarys or plugins are needed.

The params are the same as google and no header is needed, the return is a auth token for use in the application.

I hope this helps with your problem

Nathaniel Blackburn
        Why use external scripts we can't look into when a lua solution is posted above?
        Bas Groothedde
        Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
        IMXLH Compiler

Comment

hey imagine, i was suggesting another method.

and being on his post it states he was using HTTP.Submit i thought id try and make that happen for him so it would be possible to use that and also to try and take away alot of the hard work needed for this to work properly. i would of also attached the script without any problems if i was asked.

Nathaniel Blackburn
          Attached Files
          Last edited by infinityscape; 05-04-2010, 01:25 AM.

Comment

and being on his post it states he was using HTTP.Submit i thought id try and make that happen for him so it would be possible to use that and also to try and take away alot of the hard work needed for this to work properly. i would of also attached the script without any problems if i was asked.

Nathaniel Blackburn
            Yes and that is Nice of you to do mate, but I for one wouldn't use it because
            I don't like sending login data to third party sites first. :yes
            Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
            IMXLH Compiler

Comment

Download Link For &quot;gauth.php&quot; Added

ok i added the script for people to download, enjoy and i hope it proves useful for people. my appologies for misunderstanding Imagine Programming

Nathaniel Blackburn
              Attached Files
              Last edited by infinityscape; 05-04-2010, 03:26 AM.

Comment

ok i added the script for people to download, enjoy and i hope it proves useful for people. my appologies for misunderstanding Imagine Programming
                Thanks, now I will probably use it :yes
                Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
                IMXLH Compiler

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine Programming View Post
                  Thanks, now I will probably use it :yes
                  It dose make life a lot easy to use php for that kind of job in my eyes thanks Nath for this :yes

Comment

Nathaniel Blackburn
                    i am not familiar with Google APIs but
                    i do recommend reading the question again

Originally posted by JimS View Post
                    I’m trying to use the Google Calendar API with AMS. I am able to successfully login and get my authentication token using ClientLogin with HTTP.SubmitSecure. Once I have my authentication token, it says :
                    so in this case you have suggested 45 lines of PHP script whereas it could be done using HTTP.Submit() (only single line and without external source) :yes

he actually wants to get result from google using authentication token that is returned by last login attemp using ClientLogin with HTTP.SubmitSecure
                    and this token must be injected into request header of next HTTP request to be able to get results from google
                    amsplugins.com Is Closed.

Facebook Page

Comment

Sorry to ask a question then disappear for a week. What can I say, life happens. Thank you gentlemen so much your answers. I haven’t done much with the COM object, so I didn’t even think about it, nor did I consider a php method. Frankly I expected I’d need to use one of the many libraries out there like cURL or something. Thank you guys, for showing me your solutions.
                      I just started looking at the APIs that Google offers. It’s quite an impressive collection. I’d like to figure out a way to interface with them from my AMS programs that keeps the code as clean and simple and portable as possible. I’d like to try my hand programming against several of the API’s.
                      I don’t know enough about headers, that much is obvious. Thank you guys again, you got me up and moving again on my goal.

Reteset you are correct that I am able to get my authorization token,:yes I just couldn’t figure out the way to correctly pass that information and the query back to the API. Your guys help gets me on my way.

Comment

Originally posted by reteset View Post
                        Code:
                        local strAuthToken = "123456789abcdefghijklm"
                        local strAuthHeader = string.format("GoogleLogin auth=%s",strAuthToken);
                        local strUrlArguments = "?accountType=%s&service=%s&v=%s&Email=%s&source=%s"
                        local strValues = string.format(strUrlArguments,"GOOGLE","cl","2","[email protected]","jimCo-testApp");
                        local targetURL = "http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/default/allcalendars/full"

local GoogleCal = luacom.CreateObject("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1");

if (GoogleCal ~= nil) then 

GoogleCal:Open("GET", targetURL..strValues, 0) 
                            GoogleCal:SetRequestHeader("Authorization", strAuthHeader );
                            GoogleCal:Send(); 

if (GoogleCal.Status == 200) then

local result = GoogleCal.ResponseText
                                Dialog.Message("Google's Response", result); 

else

Dialog.Message("Error", "Failed To Complete Http Request");

end

GoogleCal = nil;
                         collectgarbage();

end
                        This is really cool, I'm gonna save this to a text file and use it next time I need to send my own headers (and maybe my own User-Agent).

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎