No announcement yet.

Closing the DialogEx window when clicking outside it's windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi BioHazard, I tried your attachment and it didnt work. plz check it .

Comment

There were 2 attachments posted. To which attachment are you referring? And what exactly does not work?

The 1st example (Close DialogEx ...) works perfectly. At least it does on my system (WinXP). And given that it contains just 4 lines of very basic native code, it should work regardless of OS. Anyone else have problems with it?

The 2nd example (Track Mouse Movement) is NOT supposed to do anything, except to demonstrate that mouse movement can be tracked when cursor is outside of the DialogEx window, without the use of plugins or DLLs. This was made clear in the post.

So what exactly is not working?

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
        You don't need any plugins or DLLs for this.
        4 lines of code will do the job.

if this consideration had made the "Turk" I would have taken it seriously but made by you leave the time it finds

example of closing dialogex using mouse.dll
        Code:
        https://*******/#!L58FBQiL!oa8dzT1NGgjD-PIS6rLFdM2AVVQ_-wgIz607ZZuT-CI

............................and anyway it's right sameer valva your first example does not work

see you
        regards

Comment

I will give them a look over a coffee thanks bio

whats what mega link skull ? Please post examples and files via the forum thanks
          Plugins or Sources MokoX
          BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

can I send 4 mb?

problem solved file deleted ..... remove link please
            tnks in advanced

Comment

Originally posted by theskull View Post
              if this consideration had made the "Turk" I would have taken it seriously but made by you leave the time it finds

............................and anyway it's right sameer valva your first example does not work
              Charming. XD.

Video demonstration of APZ working as intended, is zipped & attached.
              How about you, Rexxy? Is it working for you?

Attached Files

Comment

Hey bio the example does not work on windows 10 it seems, but thanks I think I might use the WinApi idea. if I end up going down that road.

I know I did it on the past so it’s possible but I still can’t put my fingers on it
                Plugins or Sources MokoX
                BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Ta for the feedback Rexxy. Interesting, eh? Those measly 4 lines are OS dependant, afterall! Wonder what's causing the issue?

I'd like to know if it's the same on Win7? Can anyone confirm? (LOL, the outdated WinXP plays the trump card once again!)

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                    Ta for the feedback Rexxy. Interesting, eh? Those measly 4 lines are OS dependant, afterall! Wonder what's causing the issue?

I'd like to know if it's the same on Win7? Can anyone confirm? (LOL, the outdated WinXP plays the trump card once again!)
                    Hi Bio
                    I can confirm your "Close DialogEx by clicking on Main Application Window" example does work on win7

Comment

So something on the handling of windows 10 changes on windows focus, wonder what it was well I say windows 10, it could a given version of windows 10 or another factor lol
                      Plugins or Sources MokoX
                      BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Hi Bio did not work on my Win7 x64
                        See attached mp4 zipped
                        ZipEx.zip

Comment

Yeah, it would seem so. Though whatever changes were made in Win10 might also go back as far as Win8 which is when the OS underwent its most drastic changes. It'd be interesting to know whether the same issue occurs on Win8. Anyone here have a machine running Win8 who can test it? Haha, don't like my chances there, eh? LOL, Windows 8 - the OS that never was!

So we know it's working on both WinXP and Win7 (thanks for confirming, MrBryza). But I'm curious as to whether this is actually a 'window focus' issue with Win10? Or whether it has something to do with the _NoExitScriptOnPageJump command being circumvented by Win10 somehow? Seems unlikely, but you never know, right?

So I've mocked up a little Test apz to find out. This should eliminate the question of 'window focus'. And tell us whether Win10 is circumventing the _NoExitScriptOnPageJump command. Do us a favour, Rexxy and run the Test.apz on Win10 for me? (Attached below). Failure will indicate it's an issue with the script command. Success will indicate it's most likely a 'window focus' issue.

.................................................. ............
                          Nb.
                          Just an afterthought, but if u want to do this without plugins, you could always just access the native Windows user32.dll and call its "EnableWindow" function. Gives a boolean return as integer. Just need to get the arguments correct. Haven't been able to nail them down myself yet - but it'll be something along the lines of:
                          Code:
                          DLL.CallFunction("AutoPlay\\Docs\\user32.dll", "EnableWindow", "hWnd, bEnable", DLL_RETURN_TYPE_INTEGER, DLL_CALL_STDCALL);
                          So if you're in the mood for a bit of trial-n-error to get those parameters correct, the MSDN documentation on it, is over here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx LOL, can u feel a migraine coming on?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Edit,
                            Hey, colc. Where ya' been hiding lately, buddy? (Nb. My last post was in reply to Rexxy - didn't refresh the page before posting so only caught your reply just now).

Think you might've zipped and posted the wrong file there, buddy - that's a ZipEx plugin demo. LOL, never mind (hey, works on XP, hahaha)

So it's failing on Win7-64bit, eh? Interesting. We're just trying to nail down exactly where the issue is, now. Your test indicates it might it even be a clash with 64-bit systems. I'm now leaning towards the theory that this might actually be something to do with some operating-systems circumventing the _NoExitScriptOnPageJump command. Which is weird because it's a native AMS command.

Still, need to run more tests on more OS's to find out definitively. Have a read of the above reply made to Rexxy, and run the attached _NoExitScript Test.apz on your Win7-64bit machine. And let us know the result? It'll help nail down exactly where the issue is. Cheers, mate.

Comment

Hi Bio My mistake - sure grabbed wrong zip.Been hiding in the woods LoL
                              capture-Bio.zip
                              When I get a chance I'll test on Win8 /8.1 for you, try a 32 bit sys
                              Cheers

Comment

EDIT: just checked page jump apz - no probs works OK

Comment

Working...
                                X