Closing the DialogEx window when clicking outside it's windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant, thanks colc.

So that would indicate that it's not the _NoExitScriptOnPageJump command that's clashing with some systems. Rather, it confirms Rex's initial speculation that it's probably something to do with a change in the way the later operating-systems handle window-focus events.

The curious thing still though, is that MrBryza confirms the original example as 'working' on his Win7 machine. I'm betting that his system is 32-Bit, though. Can you confirm this, MrBryza? When you tested the original example, was it on a 32-bit version of Win7?

If so, this is what we have so far:
    • WinXP - working
    • Win7 (32bit) - working
    • Win7 (64bit) - not working
    • Win10 - not working
    And the mystery starts to unravel ...

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
      Brilliant, thanks colc.

So that would indicate that it's not the _NoExitScriptOnPageJump command that's clashing with some systems. Rather, it confirms Rex's initial speculation that it's probably something to do with a change in the way the later operating-systems handle window-focus events.

The curious thing still though, is that MrBryza confirms the original example as 'working' on his Win7 machine. I'm betting that his system is 32-Bit, though. Can you confirm this, MrBryza? When you tested the original example, was it on a 32-bit version of Win7?

If so, this is what we have so far:
      • WinXP - working
      • Win7 (32bit) - working
      • Win7 (64bit) - not working
      • Win10 - not working
      And the mystery starts to unravel ...
      Has anyone tried it on both versions 32 and 64 bit xp?

It might be a 64bit issue, as it seems to be so far.
      Plugins or Sources MokoX
      BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Hi Bio, Just waiting for XP x64 and Win8 x86 to download and thought I would try old XP-SP3 in virtual machine
        I compiled the apz on my win10 then run It on XP & it did not work as in your vid, was same as tested in x64 machines
        bio_XP1.zip

Comment

You"ll have a hard time finding drivers for the 64 bit version of XP. Been down that road myself. LOL, good luck with that - but keep some migraine medication handy!

So the fail on XP was with an exe compiled by Win10, right? Have you tested the actual apz itself in XP?

Comment

No but I'll install AMS in a minute and check

Comment

Hi Bio just tested on both XP 32/64 VMWares with preview and no Go, your page jump worked on both
              Is your ams personal version?

Comment

Yes, it is. AMS Personal Edition v8.0.5.0. Hadn't even considered that the AMS version might be playing into this. Good grief, so many variables to crosscheck - this is a slapdash way to diagnose problems, eh? Much better if we all had every version of every software - LOL - then it'd be a snap!

Comment

PS. So you found drivers for the 64-bit version of WinXP??? Point me in the direction and I'm right there with ya! So much lost RAM potential in 32-bit.

Comment

PS. So you found drivers for the 64-bit version of WinXP??? Point me in the direction and I'm right there with ya! So much lost RAM potential in 32-bit.
                    I am using full version of 8.2
                    Plugins or Sources MokoX
                    BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

I can confirm I am using Win7 64bit.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBryza View Post

What version of AMS are you using MrBryza
                        Plugins or Sources MokoX
                        BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Thanks MrBryza. So for you, it;s working on 64-bit Win7, right? Wow, this really deepens the mystery. Everyone is getting different results, yet there seems to be no 'common' thread' that would account for the differences. Unless it is related to the version of AMS being used? Which version of AMS did you run the apz on, MrBryza?

PS. Can I call you, 'Bryzzy'? LOL, 'MrBryza' just doesn't roll off the tongue for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kingzooly View Post

What version of AMS are you using MrBryza
                            I am using version 8.0
                            PS. Can I call you, 'Bryzzy'? LOL, 'MrBryza' just doesn't roll off the tongue for me.
                            yes Bio

Comment

I am using version 8.0

yes Bio
                              Are you using the personal ed, it has a green logo rather then the blue one when starting up.
                              Plugins or Sources MokoX
                              BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Thanks, Bryzzy!

Update: Bingo! Now we're getting somewhere.
                                Just rebuilt and ran original apz in AMS v7.5 to see what would happen.
                                Then ran apz again under AMS v8.5.2.0 Trial-Edition to compare.

Results:
                                AMS v7.5 - works perfectly
                                AMS v8.5.2.0 (Trial-Edition) - fails miserably!

Attached is a video demo showing both builds running side-by-side.
                                (Nb. All tests on my system done under WinXP-SP3)

So yes, it appears to be an AMS version issue, not an OS issue.
                                And with Bryzzy's confirmation on v8.0, it appears something in AMS changed early on in version 8 (some time after v8.0.5.0)

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X