Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i make a programming language or sumthin like that using Functions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kingzooly
    replied
    Originally posted by BioHazard View Post

G'day, Rex. Nice to see you back, mate. Hope the 'black dog' ain't been wearing you down too much? Bet you didn't know that Winston Churchill was often afflicted by depression, too! And Abraham Lincoln. And Beethoven. And Vincent Van Gogh, Isaac Newton, William Burroughs, Dylan Thomas and Sylvia Plath all did too. So did Kurt Cobain - and he's my favourite!. Actually, lots of really cool people did. The list is long and distinguished. So you ain't alone, brother. It may knock you down. And kick your ass. But don't let it keep you down.

So how did the 'move' go? And how's the new location working out for you and the missus? Did you get your shitey internet connection sorted? Man, things have been quiet here on the forum since your absence. Been picking up a bit in the last couple days but not much been happening here otherwise. I reckon we need a 'General' section again. So members start talking to each other more - like we all used to do. Anyway, hope to see ya in some threads in the coming weeks. Ciao!
    Sadly the move is on still happening we are with family at the moment and the internet is really bad, sadly the general chat also got messed up with help requests, depression is my feelings every day but it's not my life I still been tweaking in the background, minecraft, websites, server maintain but hard to do with bad internet connection.

I posted a thread but I don't know how active I going to be, I am on discrod all the time tho, sorry I have seen many posts here but I seen then slapped my head and walked off, I getting sick of people not showing they helped themselves so ya I come in see the stupid questions and leave lol I I never see your guys replies as I seem to catch them soon as they have asked lol

I think I had that plugin but I am not sure I have it in my last lot of downloads as I swapped one of my plugins at the end before he closed doors and I think it's that one, and like you said if I have it and it's one I paid for I wont share, I DID try buying the rights to all his plugins and I was willing to play wife gave me rights to pay X amount and he wouldn't even talk about a price it was a blunt NO, but that's up to him and I respect that.

You and IP have more time for these guys I know it helps others if you help them also but .... I don't have it in me anymore.

Leave a comment:

• BioHazard
    replied
    Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
    I can't believe you two are giving this a reply lol but I do love BioHazerd's replies so him lol I do miss this banta
    G'day, Rex. Nice to see you back, mate. Hope the 'black dog' ain't been wearing you down too much? Bet you didn't know that Winston Churchill was often afflicted by depression, too! And Abraham Lincoln. And Beethoven. And Vincent Van Gogh, Isaac Newton, William Burroughs, Dylan Thomas and Sylvia Plath all did too. So did Kurt Cobain - and he's my favourite!. Actually, lots of really cool people did. The list is long and distinguished. So you ain't alone, brother. It may knock you down. And kick your ass. But don't let it keep you down.

So how did the 'move' go? And how's the new location working out for you and the missus? Did you get your shitey internet connection sorted? Man, things have been quiet here on the forum since your absence. Been picking up a bit in the last couple days but not much been happening here otherwise. I reckon we need a 'General' section again. So members start talking to each other more - like we all used to do. Anyway, hope to see ya in some threads in the coming weeks. Ciao!

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Programming
    replied

When bought here in this country, it actually comes with a mandatory "warning" label attached - advising not to drink it undiluted. It's actually quite difficult to find here - with only 2 liquor outlets for the whole of Sydney (that I'm aware of) who actually stock it. I think most people here use it to strip 'essential oils' from plants for herbal remedies and such.

The Americans have their own version called, 'Everclear'. And which harkens back to their old bootlegging days of the Prohibition era. Check out: Lawless (2012) Great movie!

Moonshine, baby!
    Haha I understand that warning label, however I've seen Polish people coming to The Netherlands for work drink it pure. That was long ago though, however it still amazes me.

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Programming
    replied
    Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
    I can't believe you two are giving this a reply lol but I do love BioHazerd's replies so him lol I do miss this banta
    I never reply just for the original poster, but also for anyone else that might be reading.

Leave a comment:

• kingzooly
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BioHazard
    replied
    Originally posted by Imagine Programming View Post
    Oh my, that's actually Spirytus, which is something we do use to remove paint. We clean things in this stuff, I wouldn't really try and drink it. I think it's actually dangerous haha!
    When bought here in this country, it actually comes with a mandatory "warning" label attached - advising not to drink it undiluted. It's actually quite difficult to find here - with only 2 liquor outlets for the whole of Sydney (that I'm aware of) who actually stock it. I think most people here use it to strip 'essential oils' from plants for herbal remedies and such.

The Americans have their own version called, 'Everclear'. And which harkens back to their old bootlegging days of the Prohibition era. Check out: Lawless (2012) Great movie!

Moonshine, baby!

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Programming
    replied
    You speak Polish, IP? Why am I not surprised to learn that you're also multilingual in everyday languages, too? Someday I'd like to parse your brain using a 'stack and queue data structure' to evaluate the output values of your IQ!

An interesting and informative post, sensei. Cheers.
    I wish I could speak Polish, thank God the reverse Polish notation is a lot easier than the whole Polish language haha!

Yeah, I believe that was a 'commercial' project. As I recall, there was also a functionally-limited 'trial' version, too. Although I've not seen it floating about anywhere recently. And I'd imagine Serkan's still pretty adamant about no longer offering anything he developed for AMS. I think Rex possibly still has a copy - but it'd be the 'commercial' version so he won't be able to share it with anyone (which out of respect for Serkan's work, I'd agree with).

Great post, IP!
    Yes, I think the only option now is to either use IMXLH and MemoryEx for compiled Lua extensions or even better, write a plugin using the Plugin SDK in C++

PS.
    Here's some Polish for ya!

Polmos Spirytus Rektyfikowany

No-one makes booze quite like the Poles. At 96% pure alcohol, you could strip galvanized paint from steel with this stuff! Funnily enough, I actually bought a bottle, just yesterday. But at AUS $73.00 per 500ml, I can't even bring myself to try it!
    Oh my, that's actually Spirytus, which is something we do use to remove paint. We clean things in this stuff, I wouldn't really try and drink it. I think it's actually dangerous haha!

Leave a comment:

• BioHazard
    replied
    Originally posted by Imagine Programming View Post
    ...My example simply parses a statement to reverse polish notation (using a stack and queue data structure) and then evaluates the output queue with a stack holding the values for each operation.
    You speak Polish, IP? Why am I not surprised to learn that you're also multilingual in everyday languages, too? Someday I'd like to parse your brain using a 'stack and queue data structure' to evaluate the output values of your IQ!

An interesting and informative post, sensei. Cheers.

Aside from that, I think the (now long gone from this forum) user Reteset had a compiler that converted Lua code into an LMD plugin - however I don't have the link for that.
    Yeah, I believe that was a 'commercial' project. As I recall, there was also a functionally-limited 'trial' version, too. Although I've not seen it floating about anywhere recently. And I'd imagine Serkan's still pretty adamant about no longer offering anything he developed for AMS. I think Rex possibly still has a copy - but it'd be the 'commercial' version so he won't be able to share it with anyone (which out of respect for Serkan's work, I'd agree with).

Great post, IP!

PS.
    Here's some Polish for ya!

Polmos Spirytus Rektyfikowany

No-one makes booze quite like the Poles. At 96% pure alcohol, you could strip galvanized paint from steel with this stuff! Funnily enough, I actually bought a bottle, just yesterday. But at AUS $73.00 per 500ml, I can't even bring myself to try it!

Leave a comment:

• Imagine Programming
    replied
    A programming language is a very complex combination of algorithms and data structures. Anyone could obviously develop a programming language with enough experience, however before you can call it a programming language (and at that, an efficient one) you'll spend massive amounts of time writing code. Developing a programming language is not something you do by writing up a few functions.

For example, look at the source code for Lua here, and that's a very lightweight language. Languages like python, Javascript, C++ or even PureBasic take much more work than that. Lua is also an interpreted language, meaning that the code is compiled to chunks of Lua byte-code and then evaluated by the Lua engine (either /bin/lua or lua.exe or the Lua library). A language that compiles into executable binaries is more complicated.

If you would like to learn the constructs that are required for writing an interpreted languages, I suggest you look at parsers for mathematical formula's. These often support variables, functions, operators and probably several value types such as lists, integers, numbers etc. Even such a parser takes some thinking. Here's one in C++ that I did to look over C++17 features: https://repl.it/@xoru/RPN

You probably need to learn about abstract syntax trees, stacks, lexers, parsers, tokens and many more constructs to be able to develop a full programming language. My example simply parses a statement to reverse polish notation (using a stack and queue data structure) and then evaluates the output queue with a stack holding the values for each operation.

As for developing a plugin, you need to look at the Indigorose Plugin SDK - this SDK contains example code in C++ that will tell you how to write a plugin if you have knowledge about compiling DLL's in any language. Aside from that, I think the (now long gone from this forum) user Reteset had a compiler that converted Lua code into an LMD plugin - however I don't have the link for that.

Leave a comment:

• Can i make a programming language or sumthin like that using Functions?

And how to make a plugin please?
Working...
X