Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login with USB Device

Hello everyone.
    I would like to create on AMS 8.5 a script that when it reads any USB device scrolls to the next page, can anyone help me?
    Sorry about my bad English, but I’m Italian!

On our first page in the project, in the On Show event script, start a timer which fires every second or every two seconds, like this:

Code:
    [FONT=Courier New]Page.StartTimer(2000);[/FONT]
    In the On Timer event script, which will be executed every two seconds, you would look for an USB stick. You can do this by first getting a list of all detected drives, and then testing each drive if it is a removable drive. If you found a removable drive, this device is most likely a USB stick, and you would jump to the desired page. Something like this in the On Timer event script should work:

Code:
    l[FONT=Courier New]ocal bFound = false;
    local tDrives = Drive.Enumerate();

for i = 1, Table.Count(tDrives) do
       local nType = Drive.GetType(tDrives[i]);
       if (nType == DRIVE_REMOVABLE) then
          bFound = true;
          break;
       end
    end

if bFound then
       Page.Jump("Page2");
    end[/FONT]
    If this is unclear, then attach your exported project file as an *.apz file, so we can see how far you got. (File > Export > Project Archive (*.apz))

Ulrich

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrich View Post
      On our first page in the project, in the On Show event script, start a timer which fires every second or every two seconds, like this:

Code:
      [FONT=Courier New]Page.StartTimer(2000);[/FONT]
      In the On Timer event script, which will be executed every two seconds, you would look for an USB stick. You can do this by first getting a list of all detected drives, and then testing each drive if it is a removable drive. If you found a removable drive, this device is most likely a USB stick, and you would jump to the desired page. Something like this in the On Timer event script should work:

Code:
      l[FONT=Courier New]ocal bFound = false;
      local tDrives = Drive.Enumerate();

for i = 1, Table.Count(tDrives) do
      local nType = Drive.GetType(tDrives[i]);
      if (nType == DRIVE_REMOVABLE) then
      bFound = true;
      break;
      end
      end

if bFound then
      Page.Jump("Page2");
      end[/FONT]
      If this is unclear, then attach your exported project file as an *.apz file, so we can see how far you got. (File > Export > Project Archive (*.apz))

Ulrich

thank you so much! it works perfectly!

Comment

Working...
      X