Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Setting path to root of USB drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting path to root of USB drive

I am trying to find if a file exits in the root of the USB drive:
    Code:
    Folder.SetCurrent(_SourceDrive);
    new_exist = File.DoesExist("new.ini");
    if new_exist then 
        Dialog.Message("Stop! There is a file already with this name", "You cannot write a file");
    else
        Dialog.Message("Are you sure you want to write this file?", "You are about to write a file");
    end
    The problem I am facing is that navigating to the root of the USB drive (eg: F\ when my AMS 8 application is installed in a sub-folder (eg: F:\NewApplication\) does not work with the _SourceDrive variable. According to the AMS destructions - sorry, instructions - _SourceDrive
    The drive that the AutoPlay application was run from (e.g. "C:" or "D:")

While _SourceFolder
    The full path to the folder that the AutoPlay application was run from (e.g. "C:\Downloads" or "D:").

In my example above, the script fails to find new.ini in the drive root, but finds it in the sub folder. Thus _SourceFolder and _SourceDrive do the same thing. Is this a USB drive issue?
    I have tried setting the path ..\\_SourceDrive but that fails with an error, naturally enough.

How can I set a path below the folder the application is installed in?

Code:
    Locationt = Folder.Find(_SourceFolder, "Data", false, nil);
    Locations = Table.Concat(Locationt, "", 1, TABLE_ALL);
    Drives = String.Left(Locations, 2);
    result = Dialog.Message("Notice", "" ..Drives.. "", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
    that returns "C:", "data" is a folder in my autoplay root, you could use plugins or whateever

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
      Code:
      Locationt = Folder.Find(_SourceFolder, "Data", false, nil);
      Locations = Table.Concat(Locationt, "", 1, TABLE_ALL);
      Drives = String.Left(Locations, 2);
      result = Dialog.Message("Notice", "" ..Drives.. "", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
      that returns "C:", "data" is a folder in my autoplay root, you could use plugins or whateever
      I'm going to need more help pointers with your code snippet. Whatever I change the folder find "folder" value to, the script errors out with On Click, Line 2: Argument 1 must be of type table.

As I said, it's running from a USB drive with a non-fixed drive letter. I simply (well, it's simple to do it in DOS) want to set the 'current folder' to the root of the drive.

Comment

Are you building your application to an .exe or to a folder structure?

If it's an exe then you need to use the _CommandLineArgs to get the drive e.g.

Code:
        swhere = String.Left(String.Replace(_CommandLineArgs[1], "SFXSOURCE:", "", true), 2);
        would give you the drive that the exe is running from.
        Last edited by longedge; 03-31-2012, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X