Security question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security question

If I create an AMS application then run it and go to task manager then "create dump file" then open the dump with notepad I get the source code of the app, this occurs even if the app is "protected" with Molebox or Enigma so how would I prevent this?

On testing the app I made It crashed several times trying out various dll files and the crash report sent to Microsoft contains the source code as well.

Issues like these have been an unspoken problem in AMS for a while,
    however there will be something soon allowing you to protect your code more. Stay tuned
    Bas Groothedde
    Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
    IMXLH Compiler

Comment

HOLY CRAP I had no idea it was that simple! I knew it could be done but... wow.

Comment

The dump will not only include your FULL source code, but also the source code of any "compiled" plugins - those are the ones consisting of Lua script wrapped in a plugin container!

It's like wearing a pair of long red wooly long-underwear and leaving the back flap open

But.... there is salvation on the horizon! Be paitent and you'll see something really big :yes

Cheers,
        MadDogDean

Comment

Originally posted by MadDogDean View Post
          It's like wearing a pair of long red wooly long-underwear and leaving the back flap open
          Eh Eh! When the daily experience of real life comes out!
          We are slowly invading your planet to teach lazy humans to read the user manual.
          But don't be scared: we are here to help.

Comment

Be paitent and you'll see something really big
            That is just so wrong in so many ways

Comment

But.... there is salvation on the horizon! Be paitent and you'll see something really big :yes

Cheers,
              MadDogDean
              Ehm... I would avoid to imagine what I would see of "very big" coming out from "the back flap open"...

Or that wooly long-underwear sounds a little fetish.

A friend told that "This might be the results of the dark, cold and lonely Alaska nights on board, with the sole company of an...uncle!!!"
              We are slowly invading your planet to teach lazy humans to read the user manual.
              But don't be scared: we are here to help.

Comment

A workaround for this flaw is putting all the code you want to hide on to scripts and then loading them with

dofile("AutoPlay\\Scripts\\Script.lua");

using

Application.LoadScript("AutoPlay\\Scripts\\Script. lua");

shows the code still for some reason, disadvantage of this is the in built ams script standalone editor does not seem to be able to handle plugin actions and the optimize project button does not check scripts.

Comment

^^thats if using Enigma or Molebox for protection

Comment

Even when you do this using Molebox or Enigma, it still doesn't compile the Lua to bytecode and the plain source-code is still available for grabbing. I don't want to make a shameless plug here, but I'm working on something, a compiler, that will allow you to compile assembly and Lua in to LH files which can be loaded using MemoryEx. These LH files can have verification sections as well, preventing other applications from loading the compiled files.

I think IR should have pre-compiled all Lua before storing it, and freeing all buffers after calling each chunk. But, considering this isn't the case in AMS 8, I got inspired to try to create something providing some more obfuscation and protection.
                    Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
                    IMXLH Compiler

Comment

@Imagine Programming, out of interest will this LH file need Enigma?

Comment

Originally posted by Shrek View Post
                        @Imagine Programming, out of interest will this LH file need Enigma?
                        Nope, it will be a file in your Docs folder, like a .dll, and you need MemoryEx to load them.
                        You can also prevent other applications from loading these LH files with customizable
                        verification sections. So that, when people "steal" the LH file, they won't be able to use them.
                        Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
                        IMXLH Compiler

Comment

cool, if you need beta testing I'm happy to help.

Comment

I might need someone who is willing to beta-test the MemoryEx side of this procedure, loading in LH files.
                            I mostly want to test the memory (a memory dump) and the verification sections.

If you could contact me at Facebook (see link below) or via the contact page on my website, I will
                            send you a MemoryEx 2 beta and some of these LH files (including the sources of the LH files, to give
                            you some information on how they work).
                            Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
                            IMXLH Compiler

Comment

Did this ever fly?

Comment

Working...
                              X