Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Program running within menu window ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Program running within menu window ?

    Does anyone know how or if its possible to get a program running within the menu window?
    Thanks in advance ...

  • #2
    Originally posted by cougar View Post
    Does anyone know how or if its possible to get a program running within the menu window?
    Thanks in advance ...
    What do you mean menu window? if you mean can you run a program by clicking a option in a menu then yes but I not sure what you mean could you explain
    Plugins or Sources MokoX
    BunnyHop 2021 Here

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
      What do you mean menu window? if you mean can you run a program by clicking a option in a menu then yes but I not sure what you mean could you explain
      Hi Kingzooly

      Im trying to get Dosbox to open within the menu window....Something like the pic below
      for example ?


      Comment


      • #4
        That is not in a menu lol, you could look in to embedding examples I would also call this masking but there are a few examples on embeding a app in to ams kicking about or was.
        Plugins or Sources MokoX
        BunnyHop 2021 Here

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
          That is not in a menu lol, you could look in to embedding examples I would also call this masking but there are a few examples on embeding a app in to ams kicking about or was.
          Ok thanks kingzooly....That means its possible so I will have a hunt about :yes

          Comment


          • #6
            The winapi plugin has a function to do this and an example showing how but you can go further and use the cmd plugin that will let you create your own console window and will accept commands and display the results just as a dos box does:

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Shrek View Post
              The winapi plugin has a function to do this and an example showing how but you can go further and use the cmd plugin that will let you create your own console window and will accept commands and display the results just as a dos box does:
              He wants to embed dosbox for playing games not return it like a dos like window he wants the game to run there and then well that's how I understand it anyway
              Plugins or Sources MokoX
              BunnyHop 2021 Here

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
                He wants to embed dosbox for playing games not return it like a dos like window he wants the game to run there and then well that's how I understand it anyway
                Yep you got it....So basicly even a game or whatever I get dosbox to excecute would be and running in the menu window

                Comment


                • #9
                  Will this end up as a graphical front end to control the dosbox emulation settings or just having the command line sitting inside an AMS structure.
                  The first gives you a fair bit of flexibility and maybe a little more usability for people who didn't start up when you had to do a lot through DOS commands.
                  The second just seems to be a more complicated way to use dosbox.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nickj View Post
                    Will this end up as a graphical front end to control the dosbox emulation settings or just having the command line sitting inside an AMS structure.
                    The first gives you a fair bit of flexibility and maybe a little more usability for people who didn't start up when you had to do a lot through DOS commands.
                    The second just seems to be a more complicated way to use dosbox.
                    Hi Nickj
                    The first of your questions was the intention to use as a front end with far more functions so you could use it as a front end with Game pages already setup etc

                    BUT....It seems after researching past threads there is no way to embed dosbox within the menu the way I would like or at least nothing im capable of at the moment :(

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hi

                      i am not a gamer but i have checked that DosBox app
                      and it opens a command prompt window and then opens another window

                      i think that it is an opengl window ,it uses that window to render graphic output
                      since , it is a normal window and can be embedded/hosted with AMS window (page)

                      first you should find the handle of window
                      and then modify its style to remove caption and border
                      and use SetParent() to host it
                      amsplugins.com Is Closed.

                      Facebook Page

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by reteset View Post
                        Hi

                        i am not a gamer but i have checked that DosBox app
                        and it opens a command prompt window and then opens another window

                        i think that it is an opengl window ,it uses that window to render graphic output
                        since , it is a normal window and can be embedded/hosted with AMS window (page)

                        first you should find the handle of window
                        and then modify its style to remove caption and border
                        and use SetParent() to host it
                        Thanks Reteset I will look into it again....The second window is not needed and I can disable that easily with a
                        " -noconsole " command...... I will have a play around with SetParent () and see if I can work it out

                        I don't really want to give up with this but it was proving more complex than I thought

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X