X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbnail Listbox: Image + Formatted Text Details

Hi Guys
    Not been here for a long, long time.
    I need to create a Thumbnail List that includes an IMAGE (png,jpg) + 3-4 lines of formatted text that is displayed on the right side.

I have a the ListboxEx plugin installed on my PC which works fine, the only problem is that it supports ICO format and not png.

I have not used the ThumbListEx plugin because I do not see that it supports the formatted text on the right of the image.

Attaching a couple of images to show what I need.
    Any pointers in the right direction are appreciated.

Yours
    PakapakaClick image for larger version

Name:	ThumbnailList_Example2.png
Views:	1
Size:	492.9 KB
ID:	288375Click image for larger version

Name:	ThumbnailWith TextDetails.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	288376

For both samples, I would use a Web object for displaying the content. You can get the text alignment and the frames using proper CSS.

Ulrich

Comment

I agree with Ulrich here on this one using a web object would be the best option and googling about you find a load of css and html help I would also say use JS but the IR browser not two well with this , so html and css would be good.
      Plugins or Sources MokoX
      BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Thanks guys but....each of the List Items are interactive.
        Each item jumps to a separate page or triggers a different action.
        How will i be able to do this in a Web Object with a scrollable list?

Comment

I have posted sample projects in the past where I show how anchors in HTML pages can be used to jump to other pages in the same project, or even start external programs.

Example 1
          Example 2

Ulrich

Comment

Thanks ulrich....Example 2 seems to be what I need and the code is pretty simple.
            ...is it just me or has AMS become outdated due to the lack of controls and modern UI capabilities??? (rhetorical question)
            It is a pity that IR did not update this application. It seems that IR is going the way of Macrovision Demoshield which reached End of Life in 2007 after a slow death that went on for 2-3 years

Comment

Originally posted by pakapaka View Post
              Thanks ulrich....Example 2 seems to be what I need and the code is pretty simple.
              ...is it just me or has AMS become outdated due to the lack of controls and modern UI capabilities??? (rhetorical question)
              It is a pity that IR did not update this application. It seems that IR is going the way of Macrovision Demoshield which reached End of Life in 2007 after a slow death that went on for 2-3 years
              This program might need a little clean up but windows as now gone back to windows apps so this software is going to have at least another 4 years working fine in its current state maybe a little mainframe update here or there but windows 10 as already promissed full windows 7 compatablity and ams works find on windows 8 and 8.1 so its limited in places and yes I can't even get the 8.3 update cos my support ran out but all in all this software still very usable and one of the most simple I have ever used.
              Plugins or Sources MokoX
              BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Dont get me wrong...I love AMS, but for years now IR has not made any real investment in modernizing the "look&feel" of the applications you can produce.
                For example, screen sizes today on tablets and laptops have increased and are diverse. Yet IR is ignoring this trend and offers no real solution for resizing objects on a page. Have you tried to resize an application window so that it can run full screen oin different laptops and windows tablets...its a nightmare.
                Another pain is that you have no animation or timeline capabilites to create "modern looking apps" and of course lets not forget that you have very minimal design capabilities over the look and feel of the controls.
                It seems AMS is still stuck in the late 1990s, early 2000. It is quite obvious that the investment made in the Android app offered by IR has been at the expenseof AMS....and there seems to be no long term plans to modernize this tool.

Comment

I have had no problem making UI's that look like Windows Meto and Windows 8 yes some older type objects are limited but you never see them in moden UI's anyway so its a 50/50 thing really

I just wish we had the community like we did before :( other products have a great following sadly or well I have had many fall outs with IR but I did say the day I had the money to buy a copy and even after the fall outs I still did as I do so many things with there software I loved it
                  Plugins or Sources MokoX
                  BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Originally posted by pakapaka View Post
                    Dont get me wrong...I love AMS, but for years now IR has not made any real investment in modernizing the "look&feel" of the applications you can produce.
                    For example, screen sizes today on tablets and laptops have increased and are diverse. Yet IR is ignoring this trend and offers no real solution for resizing objects on a page. Have you tried to resize an application window so that it can run full screen oin different laptops and windows tablets...its a nightmare.
                    Another pain is that you have no animation or timeline capabilites to create "modern looking apps" and of course lets not forget that you have very minimal design capabilities over the look and feel of the controls.
                    It seems AMS is still stuck in the late 1990s, early 2000. It is quite obvious that the investment made in the Android app offered by IR has been at the expenseof AMS....and there seems to be no long term plans to modernize this tool.
                    AMS is the easiest thing in the world for resizing objects as there literally is no thought required at all, add the MemoryEx plugin and create your own Windows controls then see the difference when you need to resize things.

AMS objects I agree are kind of stuck in a time warp and don't appear to have any of the visual characteristics introduced since Vista but there is nothing stopping you from using the plugin mentioned to create your own controls and setting the custom/owner draw flag and having your app look exactly like you want it to and behaving exactly like you want it to all with easy Lua coding and all without costing you anything.

I've found with AMS that's its all in the imagination you have and not being shy about asking for help will get you where you want to be much quicker.

Comment

Hi Shrek
                      Am I missing something here...you mentioned the MemoryEx plugin, which I have never heard of before.
                      I did a search and was surprised to learn there are many references to this plugin.
                      Is this a complex plugin designed for programmers or can dummies like me also use it.
                      If this solves my reszing of objects then I will be one happy camper.
                      Can you send me a link to the original plugin location.
                      Thanks
                      Pakapaka

Comment

http://www.memoryex.net/

From AMS 8 resizing of objects is handled for you automatically and there is manual set size/position functions but MemoryEx is not that hard to get to grips with it literally is just a set of functions allowing you to use the Windows API's (buffers,pointers,structures), this is a pretty much complete example that uses structures and buffers and it links you to the Microsoft documentation so you can see how to use the functions in Lua:

http://pastebin.com/igs7LnCn

Comment

Hi Shrek..I am a marketing person not a programmer.
                          How can I use / read the lua file you sent me?

Comment

You just paste the relevant code at the relevant places ie the first block of code goes in global and the rest in the places at sample usage.

Comment

Working...
                            X