Can AMS Audio Library play M4B/M4A formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can AMS Audio Library play M4B/M4A formats

As the titles says can the AMS Audio functions play these formats without adding more codecs two the end users computer and will it be able to read the parts of the M4B format.

Reason I ask is I started to work on a new app like my old book app what will using the PD source for some audio books and this format includes parts or chapters.
    Plugins or Sources MokoX
    BunnyHop 2021 Here

M4B and M4A aren't formats, but containers for formats. I believe M4A is MPEG-4 and M4B is strongly based on that, but specifically for audio books. The audio formats in these files usually are AAC or Apple's version of this, ALAC.

Before Media Player 12 there wasn't native support for these files, so I'm not sure if you'll find codecs for these formats on all PC's.
    Bas Groothedde
    Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
    IMXLH Compiler

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine Programming View Post
      M4B and M4A aren't formats, but containers for formats. I believe M4A is MPEG-4 and M4B is strongly based on that, but specifically for audio books. The audio formats in these files usually are AAC or Apple's version of this, ALAC.

Before Media Player 12 there wasn't native support for these files, so I'm not sure if you'll find codecs for these formats on all PC's.
      Thanks for the reply, I will just have to download one in that format and test it out and if it does not work on older systems what have not been updated with wmp12 then I guess I have to have it promped the user to download klite of alikes.
      Plugins or Sources MokoX
      BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
        Thanks for the reply, I will just have to download one in that format and test it out and if it does not work on older systems what have not been updated with wmp12 then I guess I have to have it promped the user to download klite of alikes.
        A problem might arise when you find a M4A- or B file with the ALAC encoding, I'm not sure if WMP decodes Apple formats.
        Bas Groothedde
        Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
        IMXLH Compiler

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine Programming View Post
          A problem might arise when you find a M4A- or B file with the ALAC encoding, I'm not sure if WMP decodes Apple formats.
          Will have to play about with it see if we can get a hand full of sources to test with, thanks IP
          Plugins or Sources MokoX
          BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Working...
          X