Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lua function

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lua function

    Hello.

    I need to use the String.Format() Lua function in my AMS app code.

    Will it work like a built-in function or it is necessary to have this function added first to the Project's Global Function area?

    Is that valid for all Lua functions?

    Thanks.

  • #2
    Everything in Lua 5.1 works.

    Comment


    • #3
      but the lua version would not be String.Format it would be string.format() AMS functions are Xxxx.Xxxx and lua don't use caps at the begin of there functions in there native functions far as I am lead to believe.
      Plugins or Sources MokoX
      BunnyHop 2021 Here

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Shrek View Post
        Everything in Lua 5.1 works.
        So, I understand that it is not necessary to include Lua functions in the Globals area, is it correct?

        Comment


        • #5
          Everything is already present in global:

          http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Shrek View Post
            Everything is already present in global:

            http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/
            Thank you, Shrek. Years using AMS and I did not know that Lua functions other than those said built-in were also included.
            Thanks a lot.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sergio_S View Post
              Thank you, Shrek. Years using AMS and I did not know that Lua functions other than those said built-in were also included.
              Thanks a lot.
              AMS is built on Lua Scripting so it includes it
              Plugins or Sources MokoX
              BunnyHop 2021 Here

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
                AMS is built on Lua Scripting so it includes it
                If so (and it is supposed to be true), why does IndigoRose not include all Lua functions as "built-in" in the Actions list?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sergio_S View Post
                  If so (and it is supposed to be true), why does IndigoRose not include all Lua functions as "built-in" in the Actions list?
                  Probably because their action dialog provides documentation on the functions, and they do not document the native Lua functions. You can look at the manual and PIL on lua.org - a lot of information over there!
                  Bas Groothedde
                  Imagine Programming :: Blog

                  AMS8 Plugins
                  IMXLH Compiler

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X