Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a question for you guys,
    i tested the game, pretty cool.

i notice youve been able to work with a "click and hold" option.
    for example if i click the right arrow, characters moved right. if i click and hold right, then the character keeps moving until you let go.
    does it exist a function to do this?

maybe a while loop?

- while right arrow held
    - Do something
    end.
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dalygav View Post
      just a question for you guys,
      i tested the game, pretty cool.

for example if i click the right arrow, characters moved right. if i click and hold right, then the character keeps moving until you let go.
      does it exist a function to do this?

maybe a while loop?

- while right arrow held
      - Do something
      end.
      thanks
      I am really lost in what your asking here, here are On Key events so it will detect when a key is been pressed, I know some other platforms lets your detect a press and a hold but AMS does not so you just check if the Key is been pressed.

What you just asked me is it possible for me to do something I just did then well yes I done it in the demo you press the key it does a action, if this is not what you was asking then please make it more clear, what are you wanting or trying to do?

Also On Key is not a click function its a On Key function, tho you can detect a click function with a Virtual Key 0x01, 0x02 0x03, 0x05, 0x06 the point is On Key is a keyboard even there is a mouse even already made in to AMS.

So can you be more clear what your asking, because your thread hijack as just confused the **** out of me

I just simple detect if the key is been pressed not if its been hold down I not sure the On Key option lets us detect
      the two states I could be wrong here but I not seen it.
      Plugins or Sources MokoX
      BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Great work this is really awesome!
        Plugins:

Bitmap (113 KB)

ComboBoxEx (141 KB)

Comment

Originally posted by Ruth View Post
          Great work this is really awesome!
          Thanks working progress.
          Plugins or Sources MokoX
          BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

This post as had many views and a few replies could I ask people that stop by and try to start posting feedback as I am come to my limits of knowing what I should add next, some functions have had a complete redo I am now doing a new option

The system now knows not to try and trigger actions for Game_HID_ And the Over_Object is there now only if really needed as the actor should away's be on the lowest level of the images so if there is no blocking enabled for that image the actor should walk under it no matter what. The reason for this change will be made clear soon

New Block types will be

Collect_ < will be deleted but also included the Action command so you would be able to put on the peace code like
            if you have a give gold or give item fucntion you update your gamers DB and then delete the object
            Delete_ As as above without no actions scripting to go with it you walk up to it it will delete.
            Hide_ This will just hid, so you can show it later.
            Fixed_ <-- fixed will the common one here.
            Plugins or Sources MokoX
            BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Well its time for a update of my little AutoPlay Media Studios experiment, well I say little its not that little and the task as been pretty hard for me as I am able to create many programs in AutoPlay Media Studios and I can integrate it in to other systems like php, no matter what though I am unable to get my head around tables very well.

This post as a dedication to Imagine Programming he as helped a lot on this project over the last 24 hours with the tables and Bubbles function since I updated some other functions it broke the hole thing and I needed to find away to fire the Bubbles close commands, thanks to this smart thinking gentleman we was able to fix it.

There are many new untested functions in this demo what thankfully are not braking it or blocking anything so when I come to try and integrate them functions it should be OK

Added:

Night/Day function, this function sadly is still not fully working, it works on one map so far when I tried to move it across maps it broke, I am looking in to this for the next release but for now in the demo on Scene 3 where you see the 2 houses, go in to the house and go to the bed, this will trigger the night mode, you can also when outside on Scene 3 click your actor, you the player that is and it will say Magic: LightOfDay or LightOfNight depending on the mode that is already enabled.

With the Night/Day function there is also a very basic light mode, I still trying to make this better, I already know a few peoples reply on how to make this better using a few useful plugins but this would go away from what the aim of this experiment is, enabling the user to enable one plugin to create a game in AutoPlay Media Studios without any other plugins. The Game Creator can make more powerful options themselves using 3'rd party plugins if they feel the need two, as this experiment is to get people out of the door.

Fixed:

Bubbles Remove, this function broke sadly the other day when I updated a few other functions and did some code cleaning, it didn't brake because I did something wrong on the update it broke because I programmed the Bubble function wrong in the first place and I didn't find the errors of my coding until the update. Big thanks to Imagine Programming with his helping hand, he new what the bug was right away, sadly it took a little longer for him to be able to get it throw to my skull
              Next Release:

Fix:
              Another bug report came from a Facebook user that as seem to taken a shine to the project, when muting the game in the menu it did not remember the right check box option if you returned to the game menu. This has been fixed in the next release(Update 5).

Need to work on the Night/Day functions and maybe a better means to bleed the light images throw the black/night image, I have NO idea how to do this part yet.
              Code cleaning and move all functions that are now working over to the plugin for a Alpha Testing Release, this will be a public Blog release.

Download:
              View all updates:

Please remember to make sure your AV is up to date and enabled before downloading any files off the internet, I have checked this file with Avast but you should always check files before running them.
              Last edited by kingzooly; 05-04-2015, 06:07 AM. Reason: Adding main Link.
              Plugins or Sources MokoX
              BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Long time no post but I have small update

Fixed:
                There been many bugs with the day and night option, where inside blackout wouldn't disable when night and the day and night option failing and giving error codes when activated, I think I have fixed this problem.

Tweaked:
                I changed the game board a little to add another street light, and I added the bin, this is nothing more then I candy for the game and little more dialog just so show you how its done, I not sure I do many more updates on it yet but I look at it later and if I do then I release a new Alpha Build for people to play with.
                Plugins or Sources MokoX
                BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

OK I had to play with this, and here we go the last ever version based on this framework, I going to redo it more table based to make it more easier for save games and things a like, the new version will mostly still look and feel the same but the core will be a new redo.

WARNING:
                  Disable Avast's deep scan or enable this to the while/safe list, if you don't and Avast scans it it will mess your screen size up, every fixable but just a pain, avast does not close the app gracefully so you the windows size is not restored, I was going to fix this but its not part of my core, the screen size options would be down to a dev.

Added:
                  I have added a options dialog, it was always in there but I never made it work, so I got around and added the hooks for it to work.

I have added avatars so you know when your talking, the NPC is talking or the lost question mark of I don't know is talking.

I have also added a little bit of task finding in this last one just to give it a feel you had to do something before you move on.

Tasks:
                  To start making the framework for all to use, start a nice commented demo with all working ideas, I will start this soon as I get a usable save system working.

I have no blogs on this anymore I will sort one out later.
                  Plugins or Sources MokoX
                  BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Working...
                  X