Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Update Coming?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Update Coming?

    The last update was released nearly one year ago. Can anyone share any plans for the next update? Will there be a version 9? Thanks. JimC

  • #2
    Please see previous reply here.

    Ulrich

    Comment


    • #3
      Ulrich,
      Thanks! I had seen that previously. It just seems that IR would want to keep an incentive for the customers to maintain the annual maintenance and one year increments between releases with minimal updates is disheartening. JimC

      Comment


      • #4
        Though we have no idea what is going to happen with AMS, its not dead by a long shot, it still works all the way up to windows 10 find I have 8.2 and it works create on windows XP to 10 even tho its not got the fix's 8.5 has.

        I not seen eye to eye with IR on there updates and releases but it does work so I yes I am little disheartened but at the same time glad the made the product in such a way that its still a usable platform to this day.
        Plugins or Sources MokoX
        BunnyHop 2021 Here

        Comment


        • #5
          I am just surprised that no one from the "corporate development" team has replied; it is unrealistic to believe that users will pay annual maintenance for "nothing" in a year. As folks like me elect not to renew the maintenance, then the revenue stream for AutoPlay declines and will eventually be zero. At that point, there is no economic reason for IR to make any future enhancements and AutoPlay becomes "orphanware". I still recall the initial comments posted by Colin when the "maintenance" pricing plan was announced stating that the responsibility to "create a value proposition" to validate the maintenance pricing model was on IR. Perhaps someone from "corporate" will reply.

          Honestly, I feel like IR should extend my maintenance for a year "free" of charge since there was not a single software update provided since Feb 2015. Even an apology for the "lack" of updates would ease my frustration---but it seems that AutoPlay maintenance customers are no longer valued by IR. JimC
          Last edited by Waldo; 01-19-2016, 08:39 AM. Reason: correct typo

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
            Though we have no idea what is going to happen with AMS, its not dead by a long shot, it still works all the way up to windows 10 find I have 8.2 and it works create on windows XP to 10 even tho its not got the fix's 8.5 has.

            I not seen eye to eye with IR on there updates and releases but it does work so I yes I am little disheartened but at the same time glad the made the product in such a way that its still a usable platform to this day.
            There is a big difference between 'working' and 'supporting', sure AMS 'works' on Windows XP through to Windows 10 but AMS has never had a control update since XP so no new features have been implemented since 2007 and the Lua core (Lua 5.1) is now a decade old.

            This is a dead duck and anyone holding there breath for a new build should take note of the sticky thread about suggesting new features from the other year that never got acted upon and is now de-stickied.

            It's a shame really as I've been waiting to buy for years but there is no difference between the ancient free version and the ancient paid version.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Waldo View Post
              I am just surprised that no one from the "corporate development" team has replied; it is unrealistic to believe that users will pay annual maintenance for "nothing" in a year. As folks like me elect not to renew the maintenance, then the revenue stream for AutoPlay declines and will eventually be zero. At that point, there is no economic reason for IR to make any future enhancements and AutoPlay becomes "orphanware". I still recall the initial comments posted by Colin when the "maintenance" pricing plan was announced stating that the responsibility to "create a value proposition" to validate the maintenance pricing model was on IR. Perhaps someone from "corporate" will reply.

              Honestly, I feel like IR should extend my maintenance for a year "free" of charge since there was not a single software update provided since Feb 2015. Even an apology for the "lack" of updates would ease my frustration---but it seems that AutoPlay maintenance customers are no longer valued by IR. JimC
              There are points I agree with here, but sadly I not going to say much about it, done this in the past as not I known as little but of a bad one, tho I am not but hey, I am not sure what IR's path is for AMS, I wish I had the money to buy the hole project off them, but I am not a rich man so I can dream lol
              Plugins or Sources MokoX
              BunnyHop 2021 Here

              Comment


              • #8
                http://www.andromo.com/ <- that's all they focus on now, everything else gets a manifest update.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shrek View Post
                  There is a big difference between 'working' and 'supporting', sure AMS 'works' on Windows XP through to Windows 10 but AMS has never had a control update since XP so no new features have been implemented since 2007 and the Lua core (Lua 5.1) is now a decade old.

                  This is a dead duck and anyone holding there breath for a new build should take note of the sticky thread about suggesting new features from the other year that never got acted upon and is now de-stickied.

                  It's a shame really as I've been waiting to buy for years but there is no difference between the ancient free version and the ancient paid version.
                  Missed this one, Ya I agree with you there feller I think I only come back to the site for complete bordam and the fact I really stuggle to pick up another platform, or well.
                  Plugins or Sources MokoX
                  BunnyHop 2021 Here

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    AMS is quite dead indeed. How many active plugin developers are still going strong here I wonder. You see, it feels rather pointless to write or maintain plugins if the target platform is not really maintained. I only still do update (or new) work if it only takes me an hour.
                    Bas Groothedde
                    Imagine Programming :: Blog

                    AMS8 Plugins
                    IMXLH Compiler

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      AMS Is A Dead Duck!

                      As a long time user of AMS, I have come to the sad realization that this product is outdated and no longer supported by IndigoRose. In todays world of multiple devices, modern UI controls and of course responsive interfaces, AMS is no longer relevent.

                      Lets not forget, the lack of new features, regular updates and the silence of the Indigorose Managment Team.

                      Whenever I get a Renewal Notification, I just smile and ignore the email. Its a a waste of time to think the company is going to "wow" its customers, but who knows, maybe I will be proven wrong?
                      Yours
                      Pakapaka

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X