Draw and Memory plugin problems Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw and Memory plugin problems Windows 10

OK the great plugins by Imagine Programming for some reason have stopped working for me, I feel little bummed lol I had these plugins for along time now and I get around to using them and my OS says no lol.

OK so I have tried these plugins on both Windows 10 64 Ent and Windows 10 64 Home, both plugins do the same thing, I have made sure nothing is blocking them lmd's I have made sure there have been told not to even listen for them.

Both MemoryEx and Draw run the setup the dialog goes away and then nothing shows up at all after this, no errors, no nothing the program also does not open it seems to be fully exited as it does not even show in Task Manager.

Is there a older .net framework it might be using? or something like this I am not sure I trying to pin point what it could be, at first I thought it was my OS version as I have a version that removed all MS's telnetting options, but my Windows 10 Home version is a virgin, full windows 10 system with updates set to metered.

I was thinking something this disabled might be the problem
    https://github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying

but now I am not two sure, Since there is no error been reported it seems to exiting soon as its opened I can't see any bugs to try and comfier what might be stopping it.

Has anyone else had problems with Windows 10, am I just missing a dependency ?

IP, if there any tests I can do to try and see what is going on, I have tried it now on 3 PC's and Disabled AV's and the a such, I really lost what to try next, I have monitored task manager how trying to run them and nothing is flagging up why its doing it.

Edit ------
    I forgot to add that I have also tried putting them in to Windows XP,7,8 with and without admin options.
    Last edited by kingzooly; 02-23-2016, 11:44 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    Plugins or Sources MokoX
    BunnyHop 2021 Here

OK it looks like the plugins are relying on something in the lua5.1.dll I have installed lua5.1.dll (luajit - HERE)
    So if anyone else is using the luajit version and having a problem with some plugins and windows 10 this might be why, I not sure what the problem is, tho When using the MemoryEx plugin Luajit is not needed and there is far as I remember means to do bit Operations.

IP, is there away to make the plugin work with LuaJit or maybe include the dll else where for it ? as I have found my apps work better with luajit deff on boot time and some multi function actions.
    Plugins or Sources MokoX
    BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

My plugins are built for an AMS environment, not for LuaJIT. Lua just-in-time compilation is a big difference with regular Lua operation. I use core functions from Lua and LuaL, if LuaJIT does not supply these, I can't help it. I also link with the Lua library, not with a LuaJIT library - so more issues may arise even ifI would try and make them compatible. You also mentioned a setup?

Both MemoryEx and Draw run the setup the dialog goes away and then nothing shows up at all after this, no errors, no nothing the program also does not open it seems to be fully exited as it does not even show in Task Manager.
      What setup? I distribute in zip files, there is no setup or dialog right? Do you mean the Add Plugin dialog in AMS?
      Bas Groothedde
      Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
      IMXLH Compiler

Comment

When I say set up I mean when AMS builds the temp exe, this is AMS setting up it is LuaJIT what is the problem, if I could do AES 256 without including loads more options I would, I guess if I understood bitewise more I guess I could convert it to use your memoryEX plugin When using more complex options your plugin can give I just wont use LuaJIT

So ya its was down to LuaJIT creating the problem I was using it for ASE256 as I not found a DLL or anything to do it as of yet.

Same I couldn't make a switch what picked the right lua dll needed for a given call any who thanks for the reply.
        Plugins or Sources MokoX
        BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
          When I say set up I mean when AMS builds the temp exe, this is AMS setting up it is LuaJIT what is the problem, if I could do AES 256 without including loads more options I would, I guess if I understood bitewise more I guess I could convert it to use your memoryEX plugin When using more complex options your plugin can give I just wont use LuaJIT

So ya its was down to LuaJIT creating the problem I was using it for ASE256 as I not found a DLL or anything to do it as of yet.

Same I couldn't make a switch what picked the right lua dll needed for a given call any who thanks for the reply.
          Ah the build process, got ya! What do you need in LuaJIT that cannot be done in MemoryEx with Lua? AES256 can be done in MemoryEx either via a library you find, via Windows API. You can also use the inline assembler, but that's a bit rough. MemoryEx has the Bitwise functions as well.

I get that you like LuaJIT, absolutely. Here's another option: https://github.com/somesocks/lua-lockbox - you would just have to make your own Bitwise library provider, but encryption from within Lua itself is going to be quite slow. Even with LuaJIT.
          Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
          IMXLH Compiler

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine Programming View Post
            Ah the build process, got ya! What do you need in LuaJIT that cannot be done in MemoryEx with Lua? AES256 can be done in MemoryEx either via a library you find, via Windows API. You can also use the inline assembler, but that's a bit rough. MemoryEx has the Bitwise functions as well.

I get that you like LuaJIT, absolutely. Here's another option: https://github.com/somesocks/lua-lockbox - you would just have to make your own Bitwise library provider, but encryption from within Lua itself is going to be quite slow. Even with LuaJIT.
            Only reason I liked it was I was able to find already made versions and it worked lol, I know you have bitwise in your plugins also, but your forgetting my head is not very well, my memory and been able to do this kind of thing is getting harder and harder now, as much as I would love to use your plugin for this I have NO idea how to do it bud, and I spend hours trying to understand it but its just not working lol

I just looking for a means to be able to convert large stings of text from plain text to ASE256 within AMS, so I can send it across the interweb but also keep local files locked up for the end user, I am working on a little app for keeping ones feelings hidden but also it might have a publish option what will enable them to upload it to a server, that last part I can do lol

The LuaJIT is also much faster for many tasks for basic AMS, JIT does not support some of the older plugins buy the likes of Riz or a few others, so I only use it for a few app ideas, I also been looking in to maybe commandline tools to do it that might be able to handle bigger strings of data, keeping it all in AMS is not that importnat, AMS is just the editor and the UI really.

I am half dead again so hard to really explain, I just want to make something useful again before my brain really does give in, I finding this stuff harder and harder these days.
            Plugins or Sources MokoX
            BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

I understand, I'm simply trying to explain that LuaJIT doesn't work with many plugins, not just older ones. Plugins expect Lua 5.1 regular, because they're often linked to that library. I can't change that unfortunately.
              Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
              IMXLH Compiler

Comment

Originally posted by Imagine Programming View Post
                I understand, I'm simply trying to explain that LuaJIT doesn't work with many plugins, not just older ones. Plugins expect Lua 5.1 regular, because they're often linked to that library. I can't change that unfortunately.
                Ya since my app no longer works with larger strings, I don't really need it at this time lol I am now stuck on encryption lol
                Plugins or Sources MokoX
                BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Working...
                X