Control VLC media player with AutoPlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control VLC media player with AutoPlay

Wondering if anybody has an answer to using Autoplay to control VLC media player?

Would love to use AP to set schedules and such then play, pause, stop, load files, in VLC...

Thoughts?

VLC mediplayer supports lots of commandline functions:
    look here
    programming is very easy, just put the characters in the right order....

Comment

Thank you OVM for the link... Yes I was headed that direction... I am able to get the CMD box to open but haven't figured out how to have AMS type the commands into the CMD... was never able to populate the command line with a command. I figured since VLC was so integrated with Lua there would be a .dll or plugin we could use.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdmx1024 View Post
        Thank you OVM for the link... Yes I was headed that direction... I am able to get the CMD box to open but haven't figured out how to have AMS type the commands into the CMD... was never able to populate the command line with a command. I figured since VLC was so integrated with Lua there would be a .dll or plugin we could use.
        The File and Shell options would work for you and you give the command like you would in the CMD vai the arguament option of the fucntion so lets say it was -p {filename} it would be

PHP Code:
        File.Run(APPPATH"-open -P \""..SONGPATH.."\"" WORKINGPATHSW_HIDEtrue); 
        Something liket that where the ones in caps would be paths defind in ams or by you
        Plugins or Sources MokoX
        BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

Thank you Kingzooly... Let me give that a try...

Comment

Thank you Kingzooly... Let me give that a try...
            I just been looking at the VLC commands and there are loads to make sure you research each on of them I don't have time to research its commandlines but it does seem possible to control it view commandline

EIDT, I was able to get it to load a song no UI with telnet options enabled

PHP Code:
            File.Run("C:\\Users\\..............\\vlc-2.2.2-win32\\vlc-2.2.2\\vlc.exe""-I dummy --dummy-quiet --extraintf telnet --telnet-port 4000 \"C:\\Users\\..........\\Downloads\\Nightcore - OMFG - Hello.mp3\""""SW_HIDEfalse
            EDIT
            I have found a problem doing this way it does not cheack of a alredy running one so if you hit it again it opens a new thread in windows also the stop function does not get sent to that exe
            Last edited by kingzooly; 03-01-2016, 08:15 AM.
            Plugins or Sources MokoX
            BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

yea I cant get it to take any commands after the CMD opens... File locations...

APPPATH = "C:\\Windows\\system32\\cmd.exe"
              VIDEOPATH = "C:\\Content\\FF-Intro 003.mp4"

Comment

I was able to get a song to work, stop, and quit I can't resume

Play
                PHP Code:
                File.Run("C:\\Users\\.............\\Downloads\\vlc-2.2.2-win32\\vlc-2.2.2\\vlc.exe""-I dummy --dummy-quiet --one-instance \"C:\\Users\\.............\\Downloads\\Nightcore - OMFG - Hello.mp3\""""SW_HIDEfalse
                Pause
                PHP Code:
                File.Run("C:\\Users\\.............\\Downloads\\vlc-2.2.2-win32\\vlc-2.2.2\\vlc.exe""--one-instance vlc:pause"""SW_HIDEfalse
                Close
                PHP Code:
                File.Run("C:\\Users\\.............\\Downloads\\vlc-2.2.2-win32\\vlc-2.2.2\\vlc.exe""--one-instance vlc:quit"""SW_HIDEfalse
                Last edited by kingzooly; 03-01-2016, 09:04 AM.
                Plugins or Sources MokoX
                BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

I have a question about your code... Why do you use \\.................\\ ?

Comment

I have a question about your code... Why do you use \\.................\\ ?
                    That is very simple that is my computers username path its only there to demo the code if you really need to ask that I really think your VLC idea might be little two soon, maybe try reading the manual over coffee and then trying a more simple project.
                    Plugins or Sources MokoX
                    BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

I am continually reading the manual... For sure not an advanced user, just never seen that in code before. Thank you for your help.

Comment

I am continually reading the manual... For sure not an advanced user, just never seen that in code before. Thank you for your help.
                        I would really advice you to use another project for now when it comes to learning AMS, the command line options in VLC are well a pain, I been reading peoples posts about in over all OS's and its not the most fun thing to use.
                        Plugins or Sources MokoX
                        BunnyHop 2021 Here

Comment

for a real challenge:

there is an Activex dll in the install directory of VLC: axvlc.dll (x86)
                          and after having a look at the TypeLib, looks to me as though you
                          could drive VLC very well with the luacom plugin or public dll.
                          (much better than limited and clunky command line code)

Comment

Working...
                          X