X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kingzooly
    replied
    Originally posted by John31 View Post
    Having problems Coding a "00" button which supposedly gives 2 0s at once, i tried the code :-
    Num = Input.GetText("NumInput");
    Input.SetText("NumInput", Num..00);
    this only puts 1 zero not 2
    SetText want's a string so you should set it like to Num.."00", and later when you need to use the number in maths then just use the tonumber(GETRETURN)

Leave a comment:

• John31
    replied
    Having problems Coding a "00" button which supposedly gives 2 0s at once, i tried the code :-
    Num = Input.GetText("NumInput");
    Input.SetText("NumInput", Num..00);
    this only puts 1 zero not 2

Leave a comment:

• John31
    replied
    Thanks Ulrich, I may leave this button alone lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ulrich
    replied
    I believe that there is no simple answer to your question. My TI-66 doesn't even have a percentage button.

When you have calculator with a percentage button, it will attempt to guess what you want. For example, if you enter 200 + 20%, it may return 240. However, entering 20% + 200 possibly does not return the same result, even when the order of the elements in a addition doesn't matter (a + b) = (b + a). So, when you press the % key on such a calculator, it will attempt to use the current number as a percentage of the previous value entered. If there is no previous value, you may get undesired results.

Ulrich

Leave a comment:

• John31
    started a topic Percentages

Percentages

On a calculator how does the percentage button work, I am stumped as I cannot find a math calculation for percentages. Any pointers appreciated
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎