reteset's iExplorer plugin ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reteset's iExplorer plugin ?

Can someone help me to find Rereset's IExplorer plugin? I am having some trouble with iE ( ams ) when reaching some websites and would like to know if someone can help me with this plugin or an alternative to make iE works better into AMS.

Thank you

Hi Bobfern, AMS has always had probs with Internet Explorer as it is rather a very old version embedd into AMS
    It causes heaps of errors with js Here's the plugin but it doesn't cure errors
    IExplorer.zip
    Cheers

Comment

edit: Also check this - https://forums.indigorose.com/forum/...t-but-ok-in-ie

Comment

Hi Colc, thank you a lot for the help with plugin. Well, it seems that is no a cure for IE into AMS. There are some tricks but no a final solution to complete update. ( so sad ! ) .
        Thank you anyway for help. Will browse around for some unexpected solution.

Comment

I'll jump in with a suggestion here. Some years back, Mikhail posted a method for getting a Firefox control into AMS7 via Mozilla ActiveX and a Patching Tool. Basically, it converts a regular AMS WebObject from IE based to Firefox based. I have no idea if it works with AMS8. Or whether it's any good even if it does.

But if you'd like to look into it, the thread/post is here: https://forums.indigorose.com/forum/...097#post179097 ... and the links for Mozilla Control and Patching Tool listed there still work.

You should also read this relevant thread:
          https://forums.indigorose.com/forum/...ozilla-activex

Having said all that, this post comes with a caveat - this stuff is OLD and likely to be problematic.

Comment

There is a few reg files you have to edit to make AMS work with newer windows dlls I don't have that my konachan tool to hand right now, media file where I left the source as it's a dead project for me now is not letting me login at the moment.
            Plugins or Sources MokoX

Comment

Sorry it took me a while to fine this when your using it in dev use autoplay.exe but remember just before building it to your apps name exe to change it.

-- On Start Up
              PHP Code:
              Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER"SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\MAIN\\FeatureControl\\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION""YOUR APP NAME.exe""11001"REG_DWORD);
              Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER"SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\MAIN\\FeatureControl\\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION""YOUR APP NAME.exe""11001"REG_DWORD); 
              -- On Shutdown
              ​​​​​​​
              PHP Code:
              Registry.DeleteValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER"SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\MAIN\\FeatureControl\\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION""YOUR APP NAME.exe");
              Registry.DeleteValue(HKEY_CURRENT_USER"SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Microsoft\\Internet Explorer\\MAIN\\FeatureControl\\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION""YOUR APP NAME.exe"); 
              I do believe you need admin rights to do this tho as you could use IR's installer or have it request the it on first time loading something like that, but how I use it is on start up and shutdown as I don't like reg files been left on the end users PC
              Plugins or Sources MokoX

Comment

The iExplorer plugin doesn't work, it simply says "Plugin <plugin path here\IEXPLORER.APO> is not licensed for re-distribution.

Comment

Working...
                X