New web object in the works... perhaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New web object in the works... perhaps

Who would be interested in a (Chrome-based) Edge web object for AutoPlay Media Studio? This is quite some work, and I am unsure if the investment in time and effort would be justified.

As some users already noticed, a few sites, Facebook included, no longer support Internet Explorer, not even the most recent desktop version, and instruct the visitors to come back to the site using a different browser. The new web control would address this issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SCRN-2021-02-12-05.png Views:	0 Size:	106.1 KB ID:	306133

Ulrich

Wow... nice plugin..
    i also see in outside forum one user managed to use gecko browser..

this one is interesting to.. since some website does not support IE..

Comment

Yes, this plugin would be very helpful. Assuming a reasonable cost, I would purchase the plugin. Thanks for taking an interest in solving the IE phase out as this is a troublesome issue as IE will be eventually phased out completely. JimC

Comment

Can you publish the add-on

Comment

Ulrich Bom amigo
          de trabalho, mas o bom seria uma versão de ams8 para ams9 no tempo você precisa de um upgrade deste programa que é muito bom até hoje eu não tenho nada a reclamar sobre ams8 não ser um pouco mais de segurança, reveja este amigos administradores não deixam esse projeto morrer.

Comment

MicrosoftEdge WebView2

Comment

KELLYRUTH what will this do?

Comment

Hi Ulrich any update of this plugin? is this will be available for download? Thank you

Comment

It is coming along, still a long way to go. As an old dog who started coding in Turbo Pascal, I have to learn the new syntax Microsoft used in the code for this library. With some stuff, which is completely new to me, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around. But slowly, I keep working on this and eventually this add-on might be made available for licensed users in the customer portal. I have not decided yet how the distribution might be done, but "free" users of AutoPlay Media Studio may be out of luck.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SCRN-2021-03-04-01.png Views:	0 Size:	52.6 KB ID:	306283

Also, for this to work on the target devices, the Microsoft Edge WebView2 needs to be previously installed (by bundling the full setup or performing a web download), so applications using this new technology also need to add the Edge WebView2 Dependency (which I will need to build as well).

Ulrich

Comment

Nice work Ulrich, that's an interesting plugin for many AMS customers I think
                    Bas Groothedde
                    Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
                    IMXLH Compiler

Comment

Nice work Ulrich

Comment

Working...
                      X