Clear All

• An error in the path registry

Peace be upon you.

when, while use this script

Registry.CreateKey(HKEY_LOCAL_
    MACHINE, "Software\\My Application");

I find the key in this path why???

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\My Application

Is what is a problem in the application????

i use trial version 8.5 and later

You can check

thank u

Please read this and learn about the Registry Redirector in 64-Windows.

Ulrich

Comment

thank you so much

Comment

Therefore under Windows 64 bit I can not access KEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE\Software\my application or modify

Comment

The registry key "HKLM\Software" is for the native applications of that platform, On 32-bit WIndows, 32-bit applications can read and write in "HKLM\Software". On 64-bit WIndows, 64-bit applications can read and write in "HKLM\Software", while 32-bit applications will be redirected to the registry region reserved for data of 32-bit applications on 64-bit Windows (hence the Wow64 name).

If the registry key will be read by a 32-bit application, then there is nothing you need to do, Windows takes care of the registry redirection for you, and you habdle everything as if you were using 32-bit Windows.

If the registry key will be used by a 64-bit application, but you need to set/change it from AutoPlay Media Studio which is a 32-bit application, then you must use a workaround, such as my Wow64 plugin.

Ulrich

Comment

I have to use the plugins WOW64 i add AutoPlay/plugins/WOW64 but when I execute has an error

Comment

Working...
            X