Making an Autorun PowerPoint Presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making an Autorun PowerPoint Presentation

Turn your PowerPoint Presentation into an Autorun CD-ROM!

Both companies and individuals make use of Microsoft PowerPoint to convey information. PowerPoint presentations typically function correctly when used in a presentation by the individual who designed it, but when it comes time to distribute a PowerPoint presentation, issues often arise. Often the end user does not have any PowerPoint software installed, or they are simply unable to open the file.

In an ideal situation, the PowerPoint presentation would be burnt onto a CD-R, and when inserted into any windows-based system. The user would then be presented with a menu automatically, allowing them to open one or many PowerPoint presentations with a simple mouse click, without having to install any software.

This task is easy to accomplish using AutoRun MAX software in combination with the Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer 2003. Just follow this step-by-step tutorial and your PowerPoint presentations will be ready to distribute in no time.

Click here to download the full article.

PPT File Name

Thanks for the great tutorial on running powerpoint presentations.
    The only issue that I have run into that is not mentioned in the tutorial is:

Make sure that the power point presentation file is one word.

Autorun doesn't like having a space in the filename.
    I think it started looking for multiple files.

Which leads me to ask:
    Does this mean it will run multiple command line arguments? What would be an example of this?

Thanks again,
    Darin

Comment

Darin,

I would avoid trying to send multiple files to the viewer. The player is somewhat fussy about file naming. I have also seen it act up if the power point filename is too long. The best bet is to stick to 8.3 format:

up2eight.pps

Adam Kapilik

Comment

You read my mind

I came over to the forum to ask exactly this question.... Like always, you guys do not disappoint.

Comment

Looking for this tutorial again, and can't find it

I need to repeat this trick. I lost my notes from the last time I didi it. And now it looks like the PDF is not posted anymore... How can I get a copy of the tutorial to run a PP from inside an AutoRun project?

Comment

Hi guys, i really need this topic, does anyone have kept this file and send me? Thank you in advance

Comment

Working...
            X