X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what is out Corey........?

Adobe Photoshop CS

Re: Guess what is out Corey........?

Now this is interesting, I have to read through their site and try to figure out what the difference btween 7.0 and CS is...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

CS stands for Creative Suite. It's just Adobe taking a page out of Macromedia's book (ie. "MX"). Simply put, it's version 8.

Other products receiving the new CS nomenclature are Illustrator, InDesign, and GoLive. The group of products focus on print and web products.
      Eric Darling
      eThree Media
      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Well that's good considering print and web products are precisely what Adobe built themselves on. If they ever, ever, ever, abandon their print users, why I'll... I'll... well you get the point.

Anyhow OK so 8.0 is now CS, cool. I can hardly wait. I'll have to get IR to Upgrade.

I guess that means it's official, version numbers are a thing of the past for software titles. It's build numbers from now on... They must have gotten sick of re-branding every 16 months. Hehe

Corey Milner

Comment

I'll have to get IR to Upgrade.

So what will it be called . . . Instead of the next version following the old scheme from AMS 4.0 to AMS 5.0 will it be:

AutoPlay Media Studio AP (AutoPlay)
          AutoPlay Media Studio AR (Auto Run)
          AutoPlay Media Studio CS (CD Studio)
          AutoPlay Media Studio KA (Killer App)
          AutoPlay Media Studio MS (Multimedia Studio)
          AutoPlay Media Studio IWDWYWITD (It will do what you want it to do)

:
          TJ-Tigger
          "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
          "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
          Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

But seriously if I had a choice I would get Otto the bus driver from "The Simpsons" to name it, that guy's a genius.

Corey Milner

Comment

But seriously if I had a choice I would get Otto the bus driver from "The Simpsons" to name it, that guy's a genius.
              OK, "Photoshop WHOA" it is. :
              Eric Darling
              eThree Media
              http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Hee har, now THAT I would buy!

AutoPlay Media Studio without any extra two letters sounds good to me. All this MX and CS business is wankerism, too many cooks syndrome no doubt. That's what happens when you have 42 creative directors with competing hairstyles. You end up with names like "Fireworks MX", in other words some ponytailed genius said to some other ponytailed genius, "Hey babe what can we do to the word 'Fireworks' to jazz it up a bit? It's way too sleepy, yawn..."

And the other genius replied, "Yeah! Same with the word 'Flash' boobala, it's just not snappy enough..."

Probably took place over a couple $9, "Wasabe ripened organic double half-caff mochachino latte-lite"s in a labor friendly gender neutral service facility too...

Sheesh, try saying "Fireworks MX" out loud ten times fast. Or how about Illustrator CS, sounds like a carpal tunnel disease... Please donate now to help stamp out Illustrator CS. Together we can make a difference...

Corey Milner

Comment

hummmmmmmmm................

Comment

You know what AGRO, consider the source. Emberton's site http://www.emberton.com. Talk about a lack of innovation...

Who is he to be criticizing or judging other people's level of innovation, especially Adobe's. Sorry but that article carries zero weight with me.

I agree Adobe's new CS name is no good, but I certainly don't extrapolate that into, "Adobe lacks innovation." Sheesh... Adobe has been one of the most innovative software companies ever!!! I use Photoshop daily, it is the best single software title on earth for my money...

Corey Milner

Comment

I agree with ya Corey. I just thought you would get a kick out of the article. I am like you. When I read something like that, and I have been using the software for awhile, I form my own opinions. Photoshop is a valuable tool for me also, I dont feel anybody has or will ever come close to the features with Photoshop. In my opinion, Gimp is not even in the running. The bottom line is........who cares? Even if the person who wrote this article is correct, even if Adobe made a public anouncement and admitted copying Macromedia, I would still buy Adobe products proudly.

Comment

True. Well said as always AGRO... Truth is I always find your links interesting for one reason or another, without exception.

I used to read actionscript.com all the time but not anymore...

One thing I don't like is the people who are willing to completely denigrate a given software company at the drop of a hat, even if it's a company they've been raving about for years. There's no loyalty at all, it's a shame.

It also blows me away how none of the critics seem to be people who have taken the time to learn the tools well. I have yet to see a really well trained Photoshop expert complain about a new version and I've been on the Photoshop gravy train since 3.0 (first version to have layers) in about '94 or so...

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                        X