Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Image Catalogue Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Catalogue Help

OK...I am getting ready to crunch this project out this weekend. I apologize in advance if the questions are newbie but here is my application:

Each CD-ROM will have 25 high-res {20 meg} images, 25 web-res {100k} images and a contact sheet .pdf.

I would like to be able to have the right hand part of the screen scroll 25 thumbnails, and when clicked the corresponding web-res image would show itself in the middle of the AMS screen. Also, I would have a link somewhere to explore FOLDER where the images are housed.

I reviewed the Corporate Image Slideshow template as the thumbs are all laid out. But, I want to use a scrolling mechanism that might be HTML driven?

Also, I would like to place a 'PRINT' icon to automatically print the contact sheet .pdf . But, if the user does not have Acrobat Reader, it would then install it from my CD-ROM.

Would you guys and gals point me in the right direction on how to best go about this?

Thanks in advance!

-Robert [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Image Catalogue Help

Why not just lay out the thumbnails, and make them click-able whereas each would be linked to the full-sized image, which would open in that same Autoplay Window (well, depending on how big they are, but you know what I mean).

Basically, forget about some script or something, just do it the regular way. Place all the images out like tiles, and link 'em to a page with the full-sized one on it.

Download this for example [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

http://download.needsomemilk.com/imageslide.exe

You can also use the webrowser for this [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Image Catalogue Help

This a a sample project I cooked up in 4 minutes using page.hideobject commands on page properties to hide the objects on loading the page, and then using page.showobject commands on clicks. The treated images could be in a single position on the page, if this were to be a true catalog layout. Easy as pie...

10445-image.zip
      Eric Darling
      eThree Media
      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
      X