X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible??

Hi all.
    I was wonderin' if u could help and tell me if there is a way to :

Well, i wanna build an application that when it runs, it checks sth (like a text document) on the computer every 10 seconds.

is it possible ?

PS/ checkin a text file is possible 4 sure, but checkin that every 10 secs (example) without clickin on any button or anything...

Originally posted by Milad
    Hi all.
    I was wonderin' if u could help and tell me if there is a way to :

Well, i wanna build an application that when it runs, it checks sth (like a text document) on the computer every 10 seconds.

is it possible ?

PS/ checkin a text file is possible 4 sure, but checkin that every 10 secs (example) without clickin on any button or anything...
    Use AMS5. it can do it.

Comment

AMS5 is easily worth the price, upgrade when you can, you'll be happy you did.

That said, I think that you can figure a way to get this done in AMS4

If it were me, I think that I'd create a low bit rate, silent audio file that was 10 seconds long.

Check the file, play the audio file, check the file, play the audio...

P.S. I think that origionally this was Worm's or Corey's or some other members idea.

Comment

Now that I think about it, the member who suggested this, suggested using a smaller audio file, perhaps a one second audio file, then loop it 10 times, then check the file. It’s a better way, but it means you need to program the loop.

Comment

P.S. I think that origionally this was Worm's or Corey's or some other members idea.
          Yeah, the "silent MP3" thing. I remember that one. :yes The oldest mention I can find of someone outlining that idea seems to be from none other than our very own Adam "The Atomic Pineapple" Kapilik:

http://indigorose.com/forums/showthr...ght=silent+MP3

Huzzah. :yes

Comment

Well, I really don't know how to thank you all 4 this.
            GREAT IDEA !

Thanx again. :yes

Comment

Working...
            X