Auto Detect Falsh6 AX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Detect Falsh6 AX

Hi all, I'm new to AutoPlay4 and was hoping someone could tell me how to have AP4 detect if the user has the flash6 AX installed on there machine, and if not have it either launch the .exe or display a message with instructions to do so from the cd?

Thanks

Re: Auto Detect Falsh6 AX

Project > Settings
    Requirements tab
    Enjoy [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

I see how to set the minimum requirements (say for Macromedia Flash) but I would like to offer the user the ability to have the plug-in to be automatically installed if they don't have the player. I would include the player on the Cd.
      How would this be accomplished?

Comment

Ah. In that case, you'll need to check the version of the flash.ocx file, and act accordingly. "File - Get Information" will come in handy.

BTW, you should try the Requirements tab out...uninstall or unregistrer the flash player control, or set the version required to somehting higher than what you have. It's pretty nifty.

Comment

Or, just use the variable %FlashVersion%.

<<Brett hears Lorne kicking himself for missing this one>>

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

DOH! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I set the requirements tab to a higher version of the flash player and did a preview. I REALLY like the info screen that pops up. However, I noticed that the URL for Macromedia takes the user to the main page rather than directly to the donwload page (I know this is the safest method since websites are constantly being updated). Then the user has to look for the download, or free software, etc. and then find the player and then download it. Easy enough if you know how, but many of the people I work with would be uncertain as to how they should proceed.

How about you guys coming up with a setup that would do exactly the same thing except that the 'download' would come from my Cd?

Comment

You can actually do that if you want. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Couple of points:
                • You can change the destination URL on the Requirements tab...so if you want, you can point them directly to the download link.
                • You can link to a local file (e.g. on your CD) instead. This could be an HTML file, or possibly even the installer. (IIRC, AutoPlay just does a file "open" on the URL you provide.)

Comment

Thanks!

I like it, I got it, I want some more of it!!!

Sorry <big smile> it's midnight my time. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi, Lorne
                    I read this subject and I tried to do what you wrote. My question is: What if the flash player is already installed in my system. Will I see when previewing the project the massege box about the flash player. And if you, please, explain again what to do to install automaticlly the flash player from a CD if it doesn't exist in the user system. Do I need to add an action on project initialized, or something else.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X