Global sound option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global sound option

Is there a way at the startup of my project that the user could be presented with a global sound option? With a dialog box asking "If you would to continue click below" Then 3 boxes are offered "yes no or cancel"

This is where i want to have yes =continue to page 1 with all the sound effects like normal, no = continue as normal but the menus sounds no longer work or are muted and cancel=menu closes.

or even just a "do you want sound effect option with yes or no as an option." Some type of global sound switch?

Thanks

Re: Global sound option

Well it sounds like you have a solution. Use DIALOG>GET INFORMATION to setup your dialog box and then just put your sounds-activated page first with a CONDITION>IF statement OnShow which PAGE>JUMPs to page 2 in the case of a negative response or APPLICATION>EXITs in the case of a cancelled response.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Thanks for a quick response but let me be more clear. I want to have the option to mute all the sound in the entire project. mine consists of a 10 or 12 pages all have the various "clicks, whistles and bells" to indicate a mouse over or a mouse click.
      Does that make sense?

How can I turn the sound off on the whole project. I really dont want to duplicate the project pages with no sound and alternative links.

Help?

Comment

I don't know of a clean way to do that.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Could you set a global variable when the project opens, and then before each mouse over or mouse click have it evaluate the variable before it plays the sound. I know that sound it not an action statement, but maybe they could do a file.execute on sndvol32.exe and mute the system. Don't know.
          TJ-Tigger
          "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
          "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
          Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

What you should do is to NOT use the Sounds tab of the object's properties to play the WAV files. Instead use WAV.Play actions to play the mouse over and click sounds. This way you can surround the event sounds with IF(%SoundIsOn%)... END IF blocks, where %SoundIsOn% is a variable that youcreate based on some sort of user input.

Comment

Working...
            X