Possible? Hitting Enter on Keyboard within a text Field performs action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible? Hitting Enter on Keyboard within a text Field performs action

I created a simple search routine within AMS4.

It essentially is made up of an Edit Field Object to acquire the search string and a Search Button that a user clicks to perform the Search.

Wanted to know if there was a way to have a user type a search string in the Edit Field Object and then hit the Enter key on the keyboard to run the Search button actions.

I tried assigning a Short-cut Action to the Search Button but this has 2 problems:

1) You cannot assign the Enter Key
    2) If the Cursor focus is in the Text Edit Field (as it would be after entering text) the shortcuts wont work.

I may have actually found something you can't do in AMS4 [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Possible? Hitting Enter on Keyboard within a text Field performs action

This has been suggested in the past and we will definitely look into it in the future. But I have no clue if/when something like this would be implemented.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Comment

Re: Possible? Hitting Enter on Keyboard within a text Field performs action

No problem.

It's a minor thing that I could probably whip something up in Flash to do it. I was just trying to avoid using flash in this case.

This is still the best product ever!!!

Comment

Working...
      X