Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question

Hi all,

Ok, here is my project. I searched through the posts and have gotten some answers already but here is where I am at. I have created some virtual tours that are running on other companies websites. I need to create simple CD-Rom's of the same tours to give them to distribute. I want to have 3 pages, a menu and 1 page for each house (2 houses total). Now, I see 2 ways I can do this. On each "house" page, create a button to run an .exe of the tour. OR on each page, have the link to the website files (that are on my hardrive).

I tried the .exe way and my problem are this: It opens in it's own window which appears seperate from the page it is on and cannot be closed.
    Q: How can I have this file open in a window on the page I created?

I tried the other way as well, and have had 90% success. For some reason though, having it open the "index.html" file only opens 90% of the page, the tour viewer will not open.
    Q: The tour window/viewer is javascript, is this supported? Is there something I should be doing that I am missing?

Hope to get some advice on this.
    Thanks for such a great program, after playing with the trial, I plan on buying this for myself as well.

Cheers!
    Eric

Re: Newbie Question

Ok, I now know I can't embed a .exe file in the page but can I create an action of button to close the prgram? See, I have it set to execute when the page opens and it opens in it's own little window. How can I create an option to clise this when the viewer is done?

Also, I still can't get the page to laod completely by using the web objects option. It loads everythin gbut the java applet viewer.

Is anybody out there? Hopeing to get some advice.

Thanks,
    Eric

Comment

Also, I still can't get the page to load completely by using the web objects option. It loads everythin gbut the java applet viewer.
      Any chance you could zip this up and post it here so someone can take a look and see what's happening with it?
      -
      = Derek
      ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

Derek,

Thanks for answering. What exactly should I zip up and post? The whole project? Let me know and I will get it right away.

Thanks,
        Eric

Comment

Derek,

Here you go, the whole project so far.

Waiting to hear,
          Eric

14096-eTeam Virtual Tours.zip

Comment

I made some changes to the parameters for your java class, and it seems to work for me. See the attachment

14112-eTVTours.zip

Comment

Working...
            X