educational pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• educational pricing

Do you know if there is any educational pricing for AutoPlay? This would be ideal for setting up courseware and homework and teaching templates. I tried the demo version and found it did everything I (as a teacher) needed.
    -Eagle

Re: educational pricing

No I'm sorry, we don't offer educational discounts for our products.

Comment

RE

What is the main reason for ignoring the educational arena for this software? I have seen how many companies use this software, (list posted on your website some time ago) and I feel it would be very beneficial for companies that use this product and students to have access to this great application. It would let them get proficient in this software and allow them more flexibility with career prospects. Up and coming programmers and Indigo Rose both would benefit from educational versions/pricing IMO. Can you explain why this is not an option for IR considering all other major software companies have some kind of educational pricing or version development? Thanks!

Comment

We do offer considerable discounts for any organization, including educational institutions who wish to purchase in volume.

So, while we do not currently offer specific "educational" discounts per se, we do have numerous educational institutions who outfit classrooms and labs at a significant discount off of the per unit price.

We are always considering new markets for our products, and certainly appreciate your input!
        AutoPlay Media Studio 8.5 is Windows 10 compatible today!

Comment

OK, when you say in volume, what do you mean? If you are talking about selling multiple licenses to institutions, that leaves off alot of colleges. Most colleges will not have it in the budget to purchase a program for such a small percentage of its students. Community colleges and juco institutions do not ave that kind of funding, and if some do it is not widespread all over the US for certain. I know my input will not change the mind of the IR execs, but if educational pricing was available on a need basis per user, (as is most Microsoft, Adobe, Macromedia, ect... products)wouldn't that blanket the need for educational pricing? Alot of new programmers and developers are interested in learning new applications, and I would dare say that a large proportion of people that are illegally using APMS are new developers that cannot afford it because they are not using it for profit, merely wanting to learn a world class application used by so many companies. (Seriously, how many non-computer people would even use it? I read the post on activation for APMS 5, and the hysteria around it) Please correct me if I am wrong about this? I am a background associate of a CC and I would love to introduce APMS to our students, but few if any could afford the price tag. I really hope Indigo Rose can see clear and change their stance on educational software, because it can help all involved if they would. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Adobe sells Photoshop CS educational version to students for $299 USD, whereas we sell our full version product AutoPlay Media Studio standard for $295, a full $5 less.

Corey Milner
            Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

You must be kidding! Since Photoshop is nearly $400 dollars more expensive than what they sell it for to students, so by comparison APMS should sell for around 50 bucks to students wanting to learn it! You are missing my point or just trying to be funny, which is fine at this time of night, but you must admit, there can be more done in this area.

Comment

Hi. With all due respect, your math is off. Photoshop CS is $649 retail, or $299 educational. That is a discount of about %50 or so, a little more but about 50%. CS is their professonal line, not their standard line (i.e. elements) so by your logic, our pro line, AMS Pro, is $495, should be about 50% off, or somewhere around $250 (not $50). For a net difference of $49.

Corey Milner
                Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Just to add my 2c worth.
                  I purchased AMS4 a few months back for my college.
                  Without going into numbers, I fitted our multimedia LAb with 20 copies of AMS.
                  It was a very fair deal.
                  I wish I could jump onthe ver 5 wagon, but I will have to wait for renewed budget.
                  Yossi

Comment

Thanks again for your suggestions and input. We'll see what we can do in the future.

In the meantime, you may wish to look at AM50 Standard Edition. It costs 40% less than the Professional Edition and was introduced specifically to appeal to those people with budget concerns.
                    AutoPlay Media Studio 8.5 is Windows 10 compatible today!

Comment

Get 'em while they're young has been the secret of many a success story...

Comment

Working...
                      X