Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change a page?

I am new..so bear with me...

I have copied a template and now modiftying it...what I wish to do is inherit all the pages from the HOME page, but eliminate some buttons on some of the pages and replace them with text...

problem is..I cannot delete them on certain pages...How can I make all the pages basically the same but make a few changes to the overall design on each? Thank you!

Re: How to change a page?

Copy the master page (CTRL + SHIFT + C) and then paste it as a new page before (CTRL + SHIFT + V) or after (CTRL + SHIFT + A) the current page and then delete the pieces you don't want.

As for inheritance, the whole point is that you "inherit" the parent page's properties. If you want to use inheritance for what you are doing then you need to make sure the parent page contains only the lowest common denominator items as it were, that is to say only the items which appear on all pages...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Just use more than one parent page.

Have a MAMA page that has all the objects that are common to all your pages (including the home page).

Make the HOME page inherit from MAMA. Add the objects that you want on the home page.

You can then have some pages inherit from the HOME page, and other pages inherit from MAMA.

You can have as many parent pages as you want...MAMA, UNCLE DELBERT, AUNTIE PETRA, GRANDPA JOE, GRANDMA ZOELINE... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

And you can have pages that inherit from other pages, that in turn inherit from other pages....and so on, and so on.
      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Whoa, that was one of my suggestion, nested inheritance. That was one of the first things I tried when I started using AMS. Doesn't work over here though, what am I doing wrong Lorne? Perhaps you could specify a very simple step-by-step example.

Corey Milner

Comment

You have to type the name of the page in manually...a page that inherits from another page won't appear in the drop-down list.

Technically, the ability to do nested inheritance is probably a bug [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]...as in, I think someone decided to make that "impossible" as a way of avoiding the dangers of setting up an inheritance loop.

Be very careful not to inherit from any page that inherits from the current page.

Don't do this:

A inherited by B
          B inherited by C
          C inherited by A <--- BIG BADA BOOM

Comment

BIG BADA BOOM
            I love that movie.

Yeah Yeah, bada boom.
            TJ-Tigger
            "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
            "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
            Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Wondered if anyone would catch that. IMO the movie was only okayish, but for some reason I really caught onto the whole "BIG BADA BOOM" thing.

One of my hard drive partitions is named BADABOOM...it was the biggest partition I had back when that movie was still fresh.

Comment

It was one of the first movies I had on DVD so I used to watch it almost every weekend, when I got up with my son. My wife would sleep in, my son would play and I would watch that movie. My wife is not a fan of those kind of movies, so I watch them when she is not around.

But then again I liked 12 Monkeys and Brazil too. That could explain a lot
                TJ-Tigger
                "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

I liked 12 Monkeys too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Haven't seen Brazil yet...

Meanwhile, saw Signs last night for the first time. I really liked it. (Although, it seemed a bit weird that aliens who had conquered interstellar travel would get stymied by boards nailed over a window.)

Comment

"The cockroach that ate Cincinnati" is one of the very few films I've ever seen that was worth watching. Very cerebral savage-iconoclast-meets-world type stuff though, if you ever get a chance...

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                    X