Play consecutive Flash objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play consecutive Flash objects

I have a page that on show needs to play FLASH1, and when completes, to play FLASH2. I am playing both using the FlashObject.Play command, but the second one does not wait for the first to complete before playing. How can I tell the second one to wait? Or is there a way I can have the first one tell the second to start when it finishes. This has to be done here, the flash files are protected and cannot be modified

Re: Play consecutive Flash objects

Well the thing is that flash playback rates vary from machine to machine so there is only one way to sync that automatically and cleanly, and that is to have an fscommand on the last frame of the first movie which triggers the second movie. If flash playback was the same from machine to machine we could do a workaround, but it isn't. It varies quite a bit according to RAM, CPU, video card, etc...

So you're basically out of luck for anything automatic, should have kept your .fla files... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As for manual deployment, that's going to be your only option which guarantees proper performance, i.e. you need to add a "play next clip" button.

AutoPlay Media Studio's flash object was desgined to work in concert with fscommands, the programmers assumed users would have access to the .fla file to insert these.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
    X