mp3 and switching pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3 and switching pages

i have two pages - each page automatically plays a music track when loaded, and each page has several other mp3s which load when clicked

when i switch pages the playing track stops and the new pages track begins - BUT when i switch back to a page the track which was playing starts again, not the track that loads when the page is first opened

is there a way to make each page play a chosen track not the last played track

thanks

Re: mp3 and switching pages

Sure, on each page load put an MP3 STOP action followed by an MP3 LOAD and MP3 PLAY actions for the appropriate track, that'll work for sure...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

thanks again - is that the page initialize function

Comment

Whatever works best, try it OnInitialize but that might not work, it might not "see" the MP3 object to play it since the page isn't showing yet. If that doesn't work just put it OnShow, that'll work fine...

Corey Milner

Comment

on show works great - thanks

next question - someone clicks on an mp3 and it starts to play - if they then move to another page it stops - is there a way to keep an mp3 playing as a person moves between pages and back

this not an on show action but an onclick action as there are several mp3s to choose from on the first page

hope that is clear

Comment

Works fine over here. If I set page one to load and play an MP3, it doesn't stop when I click a button to jump to page 2... Should be the same on your machine. Make sure you're running the lastest version, which is 4.0.0.3 currently and it should work fine.

Make sure the page you are jumping to doesn't have an MP3 stop action on it, or any MP3 actions for that matter if you want the currently playing MP3 to contnue playing uninterrupted as you surf to the new page...

Corey Milner

Comment

Corey,
              Does it work the same with wav files? A wav file playing continuously even when moving from one page to another? I seem to have problems with that.
              Thanks
              Yossi

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on that yosik sorry, maybe someone else here will know. I never use .wav files for deploying anything, I use .wav only as a work format...

Corey Milner

Comment

I had this setup as well. I have background music that plays when the project starts and I wanted the music to stay playing even when the user navigated from one page to the next. Here is what I did.

Click Here
                  TJ-Tigger
                  "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                  "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                  Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

Working...
                  X