Flash to invoke PageJump on FS Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash to invoke PageJump on FS Command

(this goes back to topic UBB2&Number=15747 from 1-17-03)

When I first posted the question of how to have an .swf (at the end) invoke an automatic Page.Jump action you sent me a link for a QT tutorial movie that was helpful. However, I just ran into another issue for this same topic: The QT tutorial movie showing how to set the FSCommand only has 1 Scene. For Flash movies with 2 scenes (let's say both with 400 frames), if you set a FSCommand "PageName" on Frame 400 (and you're setting the FS IN SCENE 2), it fires that page jump on frame 400 of SCENE 1 (in the MIDDLE of the movie, not at the end). I've tried about 5 different things to solve this, but it's still firing halfway through.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

JD
    [email protected]

Re: Flash to invoke PageJump on FS Command

Nope, it;s the same, just put an fscommand on the last frame and it will work. It can't be "firing halfway through", that's impossible. AMS only reacts OnFSCommand when your flash movie "fires" an fscommand. Your flash movie only "fires" an fscommand when you tell it to. It's impossible for things to be any different from that.

To trigger multiple movies just use the get value of the last fscommand action to check WHICH fscommand was fired and you'll be fine.

But if I were you I'd just use a LoadMovie action in flash itself to connect the movies, why even use AMS to do that if you don't need to?

Either way will work fine though.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
    X