Playing .wmv in "Boombox Video Trainer"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing .wmv in "Boombox Video Trainer"

I'm attempting to use the "Boombox Video Trainer" template that comes with AutoPlay Media Studio. I directed the command line to play my .wmv file instead of the defaulted "sample.mpg". When I preview the project, the sound plays, but the video does not. Is there some other command I have to add to make it show the video?

Re: Playing .wmv in "Boombox Video Trainer"

No it should play. What happens when you play that very same .wmv file in the standalone Windows Media Player?

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

It plays fine in Windows Media Player. When I play it in Media Studio, you hear the sound, but in the picture where it should be playing, you see "Windows Media Player" in the center with the squares moving around, not the video itself. I do have WinXP Pro and Windows Media Player 9. Any ideas?

Comment

Just an idea... Try reverting back to WiMP 8 and see if you still have the same problem. If it works, you have experienced part of the strange behavior some AMS users are seeing with WiMP 9. I had the trouble with the 9 series Beta. When I re-installed after 9 was final, I didn't have the trouble anymore. Windows 2000 Pro.

Like I say, just an idea.
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

That sounds like a likely culprit.

Corey Milner

Comment

I'll have to see if I'll be able to do it. This is a fresh install of WinXP Pro, 2 weeks old, and I immediately downloaded the new WiMP 9 then. It isn't a beta. I just looked in Control panel and Microsoft has conviently forgot to put an uninstall there for WiMP 9. If I'm able and willing, I'll get back.

But if anyone has any other ideas, feel free to offer!

Comment

Well, this morning I figured out a work around. I renamed the .wmv files to .asf. Then I used "TMPGEnc" to convert the .asf file to a .mpg. Once that was done, I directed the Media Studio project to the .mpg and it worked fine. Hope this helps someone if they are having the same problem.

Comment

Cool...

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                X