Clearing an edit box, on click...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing an edit box, on click...

I have a bunch of edit fields on a page, that have text in them. They are type testers, for selecting a font. I have tried using hotspots over these edit fielsds to have it so that when you click on the box, the text is cleared, but no luck.
    Is there any way that I can have it work, at least visually so that it will clear these fields "on click"?

Re: Clearing an edit box, on click...

Yeah. Use an "Edit Field Object - Set Text" action to set the text to "".
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Yes, I know how to use that action, but I was wondering if there was a way I could have it so you click on the edit box to clear it, no separate button.
      To do this, I placed a hotspot over it, with the set text action, but no luck. I tried playing with the z order, but still no go.

Comment

Edit Field objects are always on top of "regular" objects (images, text, hotspots). This has to do with the way they are drawn.

This information is in the help file, if you look really hard. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (You can find it under Z-Order.)

So, no, you can't make anything else happen when you click on the edit field object.

I've logged it as a suggestion for a future version, though.
        --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
        X