X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey
    replied
    Re: Techsmith codec + Media Player object

Yeah but remember, when you use pack and show, it adds something like 500K or so to every movie you pack...

Honestly in the course of producing my current Powetips CD I have discovered that Camtasia Recorder is a bit glitchy, especially on audio. So believe it or not I am now using the freeware Camstudio simply because it produces higher quality audio/video.

Camtasia Producer is still a good choice for conversion, etc. though. It's fast and simple, I like that.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Leave a comment:

• TheMatrix
    replied

Nice one Corey, I have Camtasia Producer, but didn't know it had the pack & go option. Ah well training is packaged now, but will use that feature in later versions of products.

Leave a comment:

• AGRO
    replied

Yeah I saw that Corey, it is really nice. It is almost like the quicktime player controls. Simple, compact.

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied

Techsmith also offers a free flash control bar component for Camtasia produced .swfs. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's a great one too...

Corey Milner

Leave a comment:

• AGRO
    replied

"Macromedia Flash reaches over 497 million users.

Macromedia Flash is the leading vector technology for designing high-impact, low-bandwidth Web sites that attract, engage, and retain site visitors—providing a richer, more compelling Web experience.

In December 2002 , NPD Research, the parent company of MediaMetrix, conducted a study to determine what percentage of Web browsers have Macromedia Flash preinstalled. The results show that <font color=blue>98.0%</font color=blue> of Web users can experience Macromedia Flash content without having to download and install a player. Reference found here

With that said, I have found it to be an easy decision to export most of my movies with the .swf extention. 98% of the people have the Flash player installed. If i remember correct, Windows 98 was the first operating system to include the Flash Player and they have been doing it ever since. The video is compressed, leaving more room on the CD, and it still looks great. Adding controls to the flash video is easy. There are so many options for controls, the hard part is choosing one. There are so many 3rd party programs that aid in adding controls, effects, player templates and more. Now that AMS has Flash support it is a dream come true.

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied

You're right, that is funny. A real humdinger.

Corey Milner

Leave a comment:

• kpsmith
    replied

Hmm...

Funny thing about all this is I don't even have Camtasia. I just get the camtasia video files and put things together.

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied

Camtasia Producer also has something called "Pack and show" kp, easier than the zip trick when you need standalone.

Corey Milner

Leave a comment:

• TheMatrix
    replied

Thanks for that KP. I appreciate your help. As always testing helps. I'll post when I get this tested over the next couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• kpsmith
    replied

You'll want to test this out but ....

I think all you would need to do is install the camtasia codec.

Windows media player is installed by default for all windows 95 and higher machines. I believe the camtasia codec works with all version of windows media player since windows 95.

What AMS does is call the media player program from windows to create the media player object inside of the AMS program....so you do not have to install it.

Leave a comment:

• TheMatrix
    replied

Must convert the avi in flash and see how big the video is.

Leave a comment:

• TheMatrix
    replied

Hi,

Thanks for the info KP. One thing I'm not sure of is, as I have built the menu system with the media player object, does a user have to install media player or is this application built into the menu system?

Leave a comment:

• kpsmith
    replied

Hadn't thought about using flash?

Here's something else I saw done with camtasia that I thought was pretty cool.

Take the camtasia player and the video file and zip them up together. Now turn that .zip into a self extracting zip that when it finishes extracting launches the camtasia player .exe and loads the video.

It will cut your file size on the CD (or web) in half and make a cool standalone video app.

Leave a comment:

• buggy
    replied

You could also create Flash movies with Camtasia that can be embedded directly into AMS...

Leave a comment:

• eric_darling
    replied

Great info, kp!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X