Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash

I know this has been talked about but... is it possible to mask out the edges of a flash object. Say a square to an oval.

Re: Flash

Hi Bruce,

AMS doesn't support transparency in FLASH yet. Here's a thread that goes into detail.

Here

Comment

How about within Flash?

Comment

within Flash?
        Yes. You can mask in Flash anything you want. Any shape.

Comment

hummmm now I just need to learn how to use it :-( LOL

Comment

Yes Flash MX can not only mask anything with anything but it can also create and use advanced dynamic masks which can interact freely with video, shapes, art, bitmaps, etc. It's nothing short of amazing.

What exactly are you trying to do Bruce? I'd be happy to assist you with a sample file if you can make your needs clear...

Corey Milner
            Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Thx Corey...
              I'm trying to learn how to add .swf files to AMS. So I took a video of my wife’s eye and turned it into a Flash file. It of course is square and I need to make it oval. That's it in a nut shell. :-)

Comment

Your wife has square eyes? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

OK so are you saying you want to mask it precisely, i.e. so that the eye lashes, etc. are all masked, or are you saying you just want to mask it all into a general oval shape?

Corey Milner

Comment

Ok...I got the general oval shape, but the area around the oval is white, how do I get rid of that????

[How do you do that .gif in your sig.?]

Comment

Hi Bruce, OK I fixed the.gif in your sig using UBB, you can go check it out to see how it's done. Your sig .gif should be working now though, you'll see it in all future posts.

As to the vidmask I just created a file and sent it to you via email at the email in your profile. Hopefully it should show up. Just pop open the file in Flash and you'll see exactly what's going on, it's very simple and well labelled.

I just masked a short cap from CBC news under the fair use guidelines. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I made it roughly the shape of a "wife's eye" as quantified in Rand McNally's "Big Book of Eye Shapes"... I would like to express my thanks to the entire CBC news staff including the sleepy bald dude and the girl with too much makeup on who complains constantly about everything under the sun except her own makeup. Thumbs up guys!

Corey Milner

Comment

...and let us not forget that good old Beaker look-alike, Rex Murphy. I'm a fan of his intelligent commentary...but every time he appears on the screen, my wife says "it's Beaker!".

Another CBC guy you can't help but like is good old goofy Peter Jordan (a.k.a. Rocky Roletti).
                        --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Yes, yes, special thanks to all the little Rex Murphys too... Let's not let this degrade into a Oscar acceptance speech.

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                          X