opening a pdf file to a specific page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening a pdf file to a specific page

i have a pdf that i want to have an autoplay table of contents. when you click on a link, is there any way you can have the automenu studio program open the pdf to a specific page? there would be several links to several pages of the same pdf so i would only want the pdf to open one time but be able to jump around the pdf using the autoplay TOC. is this possible? i know i can make bookmarks in the pdf, but that's not what i want to do. i need to know as soon as possible. thanks in advance

Re: opening a pdf file to a specific page

My guess is that you want this to be done thru File.Execute / File.Open etc. which would use a command line switch to achieve this. I believe Acrobat does not support such options from the command line, so i guess yur only option is doing this from within Acrobat.
    -
    = Derek
    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

Re: opening a pdf file to a specific page

The Adobe website (http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/11666.htm) says that Acrobat and Reader are not designed to be run from a command line (only the Distiller is), so there aren't any switches. However, since you say you can put bookmarks in, I assume this means you have the full Acrobat package. If so, you can set the PDF file to open at any page you want by going to File|Document Properties|Open Options|Initial View|Page Only, and then in the "Page Number" box, enter the page number you want the file to open at.

Comment

Working...
      X