72.91.223.65/~diginetx/process.php
    Or
    72.91.223.65/~www.diginetx.com/process.php

B.T.W Thank you for the offer!

Comment

Re: PHP

If it's a choice between those two,

72.91.223.65/~diginetx.com/process.php

looks right, but if you're just guessing, who knows how your host arranges each site on their servers. they may have something completely different from how my host works.

ETA: a good way to check would be to surf to 72.91.223.65/~diginetx.com/ (or whatever your site is if that's not it) and see if it mirrors your site.

Comment

I wanted to use this post method on my CD but it gets intercepted by software firewalls like Norton Internet security. What I have done instead is pass the information through a link to our website. If they click the link the date, time, page they are currently viewing, their customer ID, and a binary number representing which pages and videos they have viewed is passed to my web server. On the server side we have a secure page that filters that information into a table showing how each CD was used. I would love to be able to do this same thing by posting it to the server as the user exits the application because not every user follows the link to our website. Is there any way to get around the firewall issue?

Comment

Use a normal web form in a web browser object. Voila.

Corey Milner
          Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

This will fix my issue?

Comment

Only if you want to change your project to use a web form instead... Other than that just wait for the response from the dev guys, I emailed them all a few days ago, should see something today I hope. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

In order to diagnose this, we are going to need a guinea pig page to test this on that is having troubles. Could anyone who can reliably replicate this problem please email their project file as well as full details about the project, the PHP script and the link to [email protected]? We will look into the problem from this side once we can replicate the problem here.

Comment

Hi Brett, for me I am just requesting a working example of it from you guys which represents the best official way to use the SUBMIT TO WEB action to send an email, that's all. I can't get it to work without error personally, but I'd rather see your version of how this should work than have you fix mine so I can learn how it is meant to be done straight from the source.

Corey Milner

Comment

There really isn't an official way to do it. Perhaps some of you out there that have done it successfully can share your projects or methods.

Comment

Brett-
                      Give me an email so I can hard code it into the PHP on my site.

Comment

My impression is that no one's managed to do it successfully yet, but I may be wrong...

Corey Milner

Comment

OK, here's a workaround for the apparently not working 'submit to web'.

Assuming that you have a working feedback form or so on your server.

Collect all the data from the AMS forms into a variable, %message%

Create a SIMPLE html form containing all the fields you need.

Put all the variable names you need for the form (shouldn't be more than %message%, %name%, %returnto% if it's done right).

Maybe only %message% if you hardcoded your e-mail address into the serverside script and send no confirmation to your customers.

Test it from your desktop. if it works, fine. if not, you gotta tweak it.

So the html form is working perfectly?

Great! Let's go on: delete all
                          etc from the form, just keep a title (!).

In the <body> tag of the html file with the form you put:
                          <BODY onload="document.formname.submit();">
                          then <FORM name=formname action="http://www.yourdomain.com/process.php" method="POST">

(or whatever method you need. don't forget the FULL path!)

a <textarea> field should be defined for the contents of the %message%.
                          <textarea>%message</textarea>

all other input fields could look like
                          <INPUT email=from type=TEXT size=25 value='%email%'>
                          <INPUT type=text name="name" size=25 value='%name%'>
                          <INPUT type=submit name=send value=Send>

Then you hardcode this file into AMS to have it written as i.e. %TempDir%\submit.html

A (hidden) Webbrowser object is started with the %TempDir%\submit.html as 'surf to' value...

Put a verification in the browser object if the 'successful' page from your server has been loaded. as soon as it is loaded, congratulate the customer (and yourself) for doing a VERY difficult job.

Have fun!

Aragonit

Comment

SUBMIT TO WEB works fine, only issue is that it gives a false error, but you can easily switch off the error reporting to get around that. Like I say, the emails get through just fine 100% of the time so the action itself is fully functional...

(Team is examining the error issue)

Cool post though, thanks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

My issue is that the body, %whatever% is not comming back in the email.

Comment

Hang tight Bruce, I'll post something later today...

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                                X