PHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PHP

We have confirmed that there is a possible bug in the way that action returns errors. Basically, set the error checking on the action not to report an error. Then after the action, check the value of %LastErrorNum%. If it is 50, ignore it. If it is a non-zero number other than 50, it is a legitimate error so you can handle it appropriately at that time. This work-around should work for now. We will put a fix in the next service release.

Comment

Thanks cory!

Comment

Try this thing Brett whipped up Bruce http://www.indigorose.com/temp_web/Emailer.zip works fine on this end, make sure to point the SUBMIT TO WEB action at wherever you upload your process.php to and you should be, in the words of my high school phys-ed teacher Mr. Price, "good to go".

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

I get:
          Warning: Wrong parameter count for mail() in /websites/diginetx.com/docs/process.php on line 7
          when I type this into a web browser.

This is the file you gave me:

<?php

// send email
          mail ("$EmailTo","$EmailSubject","$EmailMessage",
          "From: $EmailFrom\r\n"
          ,"Reply-To: $EmailFrom\r\n"
          );

// end script
          exit;

?>

Comment

See what happens if you replace the comma between:

,"Reply-To: $EmailFrom\r\n"

with a period:

."Reply-To: $EmailFrom\r\n"

Comment

Yeah, that's my mistake. mail accepts 4 parameters, Brett had it setup to concatenate the last two and I switched it to a comma without checking first. My fault, Brett's fix is the correct solution Bruce. I'm a fool, a dancing fool...

Corey Milner

Comment

Ya **** banana you! LOL

Comment

Actually it was an arcane yet timely and incredibly sophisticated reference to the Frank Zappa song, "Dancin' Fool" but what the heck, I can be a banana too. [insert banana sound here] See? [dance, dance, dance]

Oops, tried to do a banana split and ripped my pants...

Corey Milner

Comment

still doesn't work for me. doesn't send ANYTHING. if I switch on the error reporting again it gives me the same error message as before (while my previously posted, rather complicated workaround works like a charm!)

Comment

Must be your firewall. The thing is that if your method works then we know your PHP/sendmail is woking fine. So something on your end must be preventing your info from reaching your server (when you use an application to send it instead of a browser). We have tested it here on several systems and several servers and it works 100% every time so it's not AMS in this case...

If you turn off your firewall that may work, but maybe not if it has a background daemon, you may have to access the application or program control settings... Setting the SUBMIT TO WEB action to GET instead of POST may also help depending on the configuration of your web server.

Corey Milner

Comment

Thanks for your advise Corey, but I think it is impossible to anticipate the configuration of a computer at someone's place, so even IF it works with firewall switched off, it would be a major hassle to ask people to switch their firewalls off before sending e-mail.

The 'submit to web' should IMHO work as some sort of frontend for the webbrowser object so there are no problems like those we experience (including virtual domains etc.).

I could imagine that (in some future version) a 'submit to web' wizard could collect the data, types, variables and then use the webbrowser object internally to transmit the data.

I'm lucky that the webbrowser object based solution came to my mind, otherwise EVEN if the submit to web works here, who knows how the filrewalls on other machines are configured <shudder>.

Or maybe... I could as last resort switch to Illuminatus Opus Pro... which is MUCH more difficult to learn but has some features one can only dream about.

Anyway, thanks for all your help, this is a REAL support forum!

Comment

Hummm, I get nothing with this one... The old .php file would at least send me back blank emails. I'll keep beating this PHP thing up. This is truly a topic that needs a concise and comprehensive ending. This has really caused me to learn a lot about the .php process.

Thanks so much guys.

Comment

Ummmm, did you remember to put the correct email info in there Bruce? It works 100% over here, I think you're missing something. Post the project exactly as you are using it please.

Corey Milner

Comment

Here ya go!
                              http://www.diginetx.com/down/php.zip

Comment

And the .php file too please.

Corey Milner

Comment