Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rate the speed of our web site? (on a scale of 1-10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you rate the speed of our web site? (on a scale of 1-10)

We're trying to assess some things, please let us know with a number from one to ten (10 being fastest, 1 being slowest) how fast our web site (and this forum) is where you are. Thanks...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Re: How would you rate the speed of our web site? (on a scale of 1-10)

Today, I'd rate it at about a 6 or 7. Some days lately I'd rate it much slower. I have not noticed the forum loading much slower than the rest of the site, FWIW.
    Eric Darling
    eThree Media
    http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

I have a cable connection.
      On most days I give it a 5.
      There are certain times of the day and week it is a 7 or 8.

Being that there is no flash or video to load I am ok with it. Takes an average of 3.8 seconds to load. (test included loading the page ten times at various times in one day)

Comment

Rick

Comment

It's up here in less then a sec. (DSL)

Comment

Ummm, crap I guess I forgot to ask where everyone is (General area)... Where is everyone in terms of general area? That way we can try to figure out if and where improvements need to be made or anything like that. Also tell me if you have noticed things getting slower or faster, etc. What's the trend?

Don't be shy, let us know what you really think and we'll analyze the data and see what conclusions they lead to...

Corey Milner

Comment

10 here....in alaska....I am on DSL at about 418kbps.

Comment

Corey,
                It's a little sluggish now and then, but overall pretty good performance. I give it a 7-8.

Im in Pennsylvanina with DSL 128/1500

Comment

Located in UK using DSL [512k]

Things have been getting noticably slower lately. Some days it's better than others, of course, but generally, i'm sure it wasnt as slow as it seems to be now.
                  It's not painfully slow, just annoying knowing it used to be quicker.
                  I guess i would rate it about 5 or 6
                  -
                  = Derek
                  ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

Ouch. OK Derek I have forwarded your details to the big cheese for consideration. We've had a proliferation of bots lately so that must be it. Some of the bots like Alexa (Amazon's shopping bot) have no respect for robot or exclude tags and they just wash in and swarm our site. At the worst times too, I notice lately like a dozen bots swarming our site per week during peak hours and creating several persistent
                    (hammering) connections each. In a sense this is good, this is what we wanted, on the other hand it's obvious we need to seek solutions to providing our non-robotic users, particularly in UK and southern US, with more reliable speed.

Garrrrrr...

Corey Milner

Comment

Hi Corey,
                      UK, DSL 512k & I guess I'd give it 5 or 6 on a bad day & 8 on a good one. No real complaints here, just like Derek, though, it doesnt seem like it used to be. But then nothing in my life is like it used to be........(Walks off singing 'Always look on the bright side.....')
                      Regards
                      Scally

Comment

But then nothing in my life is like it used to be...
                        [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

Located in Germany / Hamburg using DSL [512k]
                          5-6 generally
                          7-8 on good days

Comment

Is someone from Hamburg called a Hamburger such as people from London are referred to as Londoners or people from Berlin are called Berliners?

Corey Milner

Comment

Have you seen Eddie Izzard's HBO comedy special, where he talks about this? You know that a Berliner is a donut?
                              Eric Darling
                              eThree Media
                              http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
                              X