Tooltip text delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tooltip text delay

Is there antway to make the tooltip text show up as soon as the mouse is over the object with out the delay?

Re: Tooltip text delay

Possibly with a DLL.. but i have absolutely no clue. Just using ams, no.

You can simulate it though, by making graphics that look liek tool tips, then for On Mouse Over > show faketooltip On Mouse Out, hide faketooltip.

thats about all ya can do.

Comment

Thanx for the suggestion, but i was wonder this because if you have an avi file playing, the only action there is, is on mouse click.( no mouse over or out) So to let the user know it's a link to somewhere, i figure if there tooltip came on as the mouse hit it, hey would know.
      If not, cool i'll settle for the old fashion buttons. i just figured it would be cool to have buttons with animation, and since we can't use .gif files, i thought the next best thing woulb be avi, or flash.
      bri

Comment

Have you tried creating a hotspot on top of the AVI control? You can have "On Mouse Over" events on those.

Comment

I tried, but I can't seem to get the hotspot to be over the avi file, it's always behind it. Even if i try to send the avi to back or the hotspot to front, i can't do it for some reason.

Comment

Hi, you can't stack a hotspot (or any other object(s)) on top of a video in AMS due to the way video is "drawn" onto the screen window at runtime...

For what it's worth instant tool tips are not really desirable when put into practice, that's why the industry standard is to have a short delay, i.e. in web ALT text, application tooltips, etc. for usability reasons.

That being said you can easily hide and show page objects on mouse events so just create your tooltips as objects, i.e. small images or text objects and then set your mouseOver object to hide/show them as appropriate for your app, this will eliminate all delay in showing your tooltips.

Corey Milner
            Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Thanks Corey.

Comment

Working...
              X