Repeated crashing on PTxSCP.ocx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeated crashing on PTxSCP.ocx

AMS 4.004 is unusable on my machine due to repeated access violations that come up every 5-10 seconds. The full message is:
    "Access violation at address <whatever> in module 'PTxSCP.ocx. Read of address 00000000."

I've read the single thread that I thought related, but the suggestion -- turning undo levels to 0 -- didn't work. Is there a fix for this available somewhere?

Thanks.

Re: Repeated crashing on PTxSCP.ocx

Try going to Edit -> Preferences -> Objects and turn off the "Show live preview for Media Player Objects" option. This may help the problem. If not please post back here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sadly, this didn't fix the problem. I disabled all live previews, media player and flash, and it still crashes repeatedly. The cursor turns into an hourglass a split second before the message pops up, if that helps...

Comment

Try uninstalling and re-installing AMS40.

Comment

Yeah, I tried that one a few times. I'll try blowing the actual directory as well this time, and let you know. THanks for the tips!

Comment

No dice, I uninstalled it and deleted the directory it created, then reinstalled...same problem noted above. I guess I'll have to downgrade [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Please contact [email protected] with your serial number and we will look into the problem for you.

Comment

Did you get this error resolved?
                As I am also suffering with this error.

Comment

Working...
                X