AMS Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMS Online

I realize this may be an odd question but I've always wondered this and I thought I'd just ask it. (After all, you never know until you ask so here it is.) Has anyone ever made an AMS4 presentation for the web? I realize that exe files cannot be displayed on the internet as we know them offline but have you ever tried creating a web site using AMS4 as the shell? Could it work? If it would work, what modifications would have to be made? I'm just curious because some of the presentations I've created have raised this question, "I love it! Can we put it online just like it is?" Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: AMS Online

Well the built in browser template is a web site shell... You could use that as a starting point...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Actually, Corey, I think what they meant was - "Can I make an HTML version of my AMS project so that when viewed in my browser, it looks and behaves pretty much the same as it does when running directly from a CD-ROM."

I'd say probably not. There is no plug-in for IE or Netscape or any other web browser that will run an AMS build. You're probably stuck re-creating a good bit of the project. Depending on the project, this could be a major job, of course. It may also require workarounds or disabled features in some instances.
      Eric Darling
      eThree Media
      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

I've been suggesting a "publish to web" feature but it's a real complicated issue. Someday but not yet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

We'd love to get a "publish to web" feature in there, but the very nature of html and the "power" of AutoPlay Media Studio runtimes make it a task that would involve quite a few tradeoffs. But who know, if we get enough of a demand for it, an "ActiveX" runtime just might be feasible at some point...

Comment

Count me in on the demand side! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
            Eric Darling
            eThree Media

Comment

I would think publish to Flash would be the better way to go in the beginning, much easier to emulate functionality and you could retain transitions, etc.

Corey Milner

Comment

ohh and if we could export to flash that would mean we could run presentations for Windows AND Mac wouldnt it?

now that would be great

Comment

ohh and if we could export to flash that would mean we could run presentations for Windows AND Mac wouldnt it?
                  I like the way you think, LegoGirl!
                  Eric Darling
                  eThree Media

Comment

Strictly speaking HTML would be OK for Mac too... But still, Flash is much better and you're right, it would put the whole publish-for-Mac issue to rest... Great thinking LegoGirl.

Corey Milner

Comment

Publish to web would be an excellent idea, but I think the biggest issue with that would be security.. It could end up being a whole new way for hackers to be evil with any unseen loopholes.

Would be nice to see something like that someday though [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well Flash can be successfully obfuscated using MD5 and as far as I know, no one has *****ed MD5 yet. I remember a while back when Genable offered $4,000 to anyone who could ***** their MD5 .swf obfuscation (http://www.actionscript.com/archives/00000368.html) and no one did. Lots of people tried. You can check out the obfuscator for free at http://www.genable.com/aso/preview.html Those guys at Genable are geniuses and very cool guys also.

That being said, it's still a can of worms. Good point element, defintely needs considering and would be a huge issue in the development of any export to flash module. On the other hand, HTML would offer no security at all so at least with Flash we have a basis to work off of.

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                        X