Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Localization question

Hi,

I'm currently investigating wheter or not to use Autoplay, and so far I've been very pleased. However, I have a question about localization. If I decide to buy Autoplay I must be able to localize the user interface to a languages like Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Greek, Czech and Hungarian. How can this be done the easiest way?

Currently I use external text files from where I load the strings to variables using TextFile.Read and String.GetDelimitedString. Is there a way to tell AMS to use a certain character set like shift-jis, johab or iso-8859-7 when displaying the strings? Or is there another way to do this, preferably using extrenal text or xml files as source for the strings?

Regards,

-V

Re: Localization question

It's pretty easy, personally I would use include modules, these can be flat text files, a database entry, flash, whatever... The point being that you basically include the module for the active language which loads, as you say, the approporiate text variables. That's about the best way I think. There's actually lots of pre-built language modules on the web one could probably adapt to this depending on the nature of the project.

For example, if you are building a browser application it may be possible to leverage language modules from an existing browser or web GUI.

Couple ideas...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Re: Localization question

I'm not that familiar in using the software so I think I need some sort of step by step instructions how to do this. I mean a sort of howto that tells me what to do when I have Japanese text file in unicode and a Autoplay interface with variables %title_1%, %text_1%, %text_2%, %link_text_1% etc.

Thanks,
      -V

Comment

Working...
      X