problem with text box object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with text box object

I have a text box object text.doc the text is large and i dont want a scrollbar......i want a text "next" and "back"
    under the text box to see the next 10 lines and the back 10 lines how to make it possible?
    Thanks if someone can help me!

Re: problem with text box object

Hi,
    You could use numerous text object and show/hide them in turn. Or numerous text file and load them dynamically at run time.
    Yossi

Comment

Or you could use a counter and only read the 10 lines you want into a variable and display that to the text box. I will work on it in the hotel this evening.

Tigg
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

o.k. that will be nice ....show me the way how to make it.....
        i'am a newbie with the AMS

Comment

oh...man....how can i thank you????This is what i'm trying to built......but i have never found a way.......but one littel think......when i have a empty line,it dont put this empty line imto the textbox object...???You understand what i will say?My german ist better than my english!
          Thanks for this help!

Comment

That is because I have an IF/ENDIF statement to check and see if the line is empty. If it is, then it wont add it to the scratchpad.txt file. Just remove this IF and END lines and it will then add empty lines.

Try the attached file.

26393-dynamictextbox.zip
            TJ-Tigger
            "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
            Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

thanks it works good!

Comment

Sorry to post again, but here is the file using a variable %ScratchPad% and not the scratchpad.txt.

The code is not as clean, lines from the old file have been disabled and not removed.

Tigg

26427-dynamictextbox.zip
                TJ-Tigger

Comment

i have one little problem..........when i add 30 lines it takes about 7 seconds till i see the text in the text box...is it possible to make it faster?

Comment

Oh i now the prob.My document is toooooo large 100 kb thats the problem.........thats no problem i make the text smaller.....

Comment

Working...
                    X