Looking for infor on how to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for infor on how to

I have a project that I want to start up with a menu page and a link to a mpeg file. When the mpeg is thru playing I want it to quit and then a html page to load up. Is this possible to scripted like this? TIA.

Re: Looking for infor on how to

Hi

Sure you can do that.

Assuming you have the Media Player Object and the Browser Object on different pages, use "Page.Jump"

Bring up the actions for the Media Player Object that plays the mpeg, and in the "On End Of Stream" event, add the following action:

Page.Jump ("Page 2") - or whatever your page is called.

One the Browser Object, ensure the URL is entered correctly.

Thats it!
    -
    = Derek
    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

Hi Derek and other Gurus,

I have a similar situation in a project I am working on...

I want to have a page that contains a bunch of videos (click on a video name, it loads into the player, it plays, it stops...).

I want to have a "return to index" button that when you click on it you page.jump("IndexPage") (this page is a page containing a web browser object).

Ok - this is all very easy - except it won't work...

it just keeps recycling back to page2.... its very very odd - when I click repeatedly on the button REALLY fast it *will* jump to page 1 (sometimes, the other half of the time it gets an access violation error and the autorun crashes - 0x631C7CCB(tried to read from 0x00000008)).

Do I have to *kill* page 2? What am I missing... I should think this is a relatively easy thing to do... but I'm somewhat stumped...

Thanks for any feedback!

(I reach the movie page by passing a %command% to ASM)...

--HAZ

Comment

Do you have any actions for any of the Web Browser Object's event handlers?
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Do you have any actions for any of the Web Browser Object's event handlers?
          yes - I have many %command%'s for navigating... for instance: the html link referring to #movie will take it to the movie page (page2)...

will this interfere with returning to page 1 (the page with the browser object?)

Comment

Is there somewhere you can post the project? I'd be happy to take a look for you. If you are uncomfortable posting a link here publicly, just drop me a PM with the link.
            Eric Darling
            eThree Media
            http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
            X