X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standalone exe?

I downloaded some sample files from
    http://www.autoplaystudio.com/download/samples.php
    that were standalone executables (i.e self-contained data)

How can this be done with AMS4? I would like to create an exe that contains all supporting files (i.e. no data folder) but can't find any option to do this under the build tab.

TIA

Re: Standalone exe?

I used Winrar to create self extracting zip files (.exe) with those samples, and then I just set the options to "run after extraction - autorun.exe"...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Hi Corey and thanks.
      I'm still confused though. Sample #3 - Basic Image Browser contains images. Normally these images would be kept in a folder, by default, called data. Where are these images?

When the Winrar archive extracts it does not create a folder called data. Does it keep the images in a hidden folder somewhere or are the images in the autorun.exe?

That's my real question. Are the images contained within 1 file - the autorun.exe and if so how is that done?
      thanks again

Comment

Here's how I do it, I simply build my project then I drag to select alll the files and folders within my build folder, i.e. autorun.exe, etc. Then I right click and select "Add to Archive". Then I choose "Create SFX Archive" and in the SFX options dialog I set the "run after extraction" field to "autorun.exe" It does the rest... Obviously it's extracting it to the Window's temp folder and running it from there but I doubt it's hiding any files, you can still get at them all. Although I've never bothered to look. It's just a quick easy way to deploy everything as a single file, it doesn't alter the structure of things or offer any extra security. (Unless you password protect your SFX)

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Thanks Corey for the clarification.
          "Hidden" was a bad choice of words. I meant that the folder and files were obviously not in plain sight..as you suggested these files are indeed extracted to a windows temp file in sfx folders.

Either way, this is a nice way to package a presentation as a one file .exe even though it is actually just an archive.

Thanks once more for taking the time to respond.

Comment

Working...
          X