Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash opening full screen, project not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash opening full screen, project not...

Hello.

Is it possible to have a flash object open at full screen and then the fscommand jump to the project set at a lower resolution?

Would this be done from within the flash object or could it be done in project settings (initialize)? or how?

Thanks for any suggestions.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] M.

Re: Flash opening full screen, project not...

No.

If you are using a Flash object in AMS then the flash object can only be seen inside the AMS Project.

If you wanted to have a full screen flash movie play at start up then play/skip , and then exit to a AMS project you would have to have the flash as a separate .exe file. This is what I did awhile ago:

1. have a stand alone flash .exe movie with actionscript set to full screen.
    2. Have your AMS project, to be seen after the movie.
    3. on start up of the AMS project, have AMS execute the flash .exe which has actionscript inside flash to play at full screen. In your flash project, have actionscript that closes the flash project at the end and/or a skip button.
    4. when flash closes the AMS project is right there, behind flash.

--- The AMS project is there, the whole time, just the full screen flash project is on top of the AMS project. There are several ways to acomplish what you want. Doing it this way you might see the AMS project for a spit second until the flash project starts up in full screen mode.

Comment

Interesting technique. Good idea actually...

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Hi Eric, Nice to hear from you....

Your solution works well and I have implemented it. The thing is .... going fullscreen in flash takes a 640x480 project, using the vector graphics, to, well, full screen. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Since this project opening is mostly text, the point size of the fonts are huge, covering the screen. What I would like to do is to maintain the proportion size without fonts going from 14pt to 100pt.

An example is how AMS does full screen....(you position the object on the page, project settings>full screen....and you get the object centered and the background color fills the screen) In this way the flash object retains it's original size and doesn't go too big.

Whew...I hope that is making sense.

So, is there a way within flash to control....say....the "object" without the vectoring of everything? The other way, I'm thinking is to use AMS and build two projects...an opening flash-only project opening a new menu, but I can't, at the moment, remember how to do this either.

Thanks for reading....
        M.[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X